1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Warning: Your Link Profile May Suck in Google's Eyes

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by James Dean Nash, May 27, 2009.

1. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    JDN: I find it hilarious that I got your Project ROI last year, put it to use and turned $30 and sweat labor into $1,200+ in less than a year.. then I made a thread here on DP about it and it lived (getting massive reads, btw!) for a coupla weeks then randomly got shut down... I just don't understand why things go this way. I ended up starting a blog for our project, just to keep it going.

Oh well :) I'm not complaining but sometimes it seems like people would rather see the glass broken on the floor than half empty OR half full...

GlowStormLion, May 28, 2009 IP
  2. KathyMillerL222

KathyMillerL222 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey it is nice warning, However, I am sure there are guys who had got success only with blog commentings as well as deep inner page link building. I think, we have to spend about US$500 to get publish our link over there in your reference, Am I righrt? Ok man, Instead of spendig about US$500 to get 5 WORTHY links, getting 500 quality inbound links for US$200 will make senese in words of google as well as other search engines. Am I right?

KathyMillerL222, May 29, 2009 IP
  3. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    Their are lots of ways at looking at link building... You can have links from nobody's or you can have links from somebody's.. I know what has worked for me....

James Dean Nash, May 30, 2009 IP
  4. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    monfis, May 30, 2009 IP
  5. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I beg to differ
    1. Directories - maybe they're becoming absolete but they're still good for pr and get your site indexed. Manual submission is not worth it though. I got directory submitter and let's you submit to 350 directories for free. It's a good start, taking into account that my site got pr3 after first pr update thanks to them.
    2. Blogrolls - could be usefull in it's your niche and not many links there. I'm still trying to get a few blogroll links as they're good to some extent.
    3. Commenting - definitely helps your ranking (taking into account it's on related blogs). One note, some blogs have comments page thus they're not really helpfull but some have comments just beneath the post and you get a link from relevant and sometimes high pr page.
    Article submission? it's ok to some extent, just ask yourself - how often do you read those articles? I bet, not often so why would SE's rank you high for them.
    Forum sigs? I agree with Luc, they should be discounted as they are NOT natural links. but links from the body of the post is good. Forums have one advantage as they bring traffic as well.
    Finally, just in my opinion, you should use all of these link building methods to some extent as they're different and give your linkbuilding campaign a more natural look.

praetserge, May 31, 2009 IP
  6. Morrow66

Morrow66 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree blog commenting works fine for me with article submission

Morrow66, May 31, 2009 IP
  7. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i don't know why people buy links and spend money i have got PR 2 in just 10 days and i think there are 20 to 50 back links on different domains
    you can check its PR value located link in my signature as free lancer talk forum and you can see before 31 may there was nothing only adsence for domain
    i know that links effects and they are necessary
    but why directories get paid because we are paying them and they know you will pay them so just use other ways to market like article submission and communities where Links may b No Follow
    use only forums for DoFollow back links

MrPJH, May 31, 2009 IP
  8. petes1980

petes1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think at the end of the day, its all about relevancy. Links on relevant sites will be worth getting whether its through commenting, article submissions, forum links, directories....whatever. Google is always working hard to eliminate "spammy" links and any links you get now that are unrelated are likely to be worthless or the juice will be short-lived.

I try and vary my link building as much as possible but all the time keeping relevancy as the most important factor to decide if the link is worth the effort or not.

I also as yet do not pay for links as i think again they are subject to being discounted which then becomes a waste of money, or with the likes of yahoo directory and business.com, they are just far too expensive for the results you get. I will concede i am no expert in the effectiveness of buying links so this statement might be wrong, but i so far have not had the need to buy any links.

petes1980, Jun 1, 2009 IP
    GlowStormLion likes this.