1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WARNING Before you buy Social Engine!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ilook, Oct 1, 2008.

1. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well not really. The OP's main complaint is that he cannot transfer license which he paid for.. Which is sheer nonsense.
    Sure if you write the software, you can fix the rules but they have to be reasonable business rules. I mean in the offline world when you buy a car, you have full ownership and you can transfer or do whatever you want with it. :)
    Businesses that are mercenary and profiteer ruthlessly should be slammed and kicked off.
    The only time you can make any rules (however ridiculous it is) with yr own product is if you are not doing a business of selling the product to anyone.
    Any time anyone wants to sell a product for money they better behave themselves and not scam or profiteer:)

tradester, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  2. sowers

sowers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am in doubt:

Elgg
    socialengine
    buddypress
    Dzoic

sowers, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  3. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Joomla CMS, which is free and open source can handle all this. Components are 95% non-commercial. You could have used your license fee for promotion.

Valkerie, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  4. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

If you need to choose between these 4 you mention, i seriously advise you to choose Dzoic.
    The link for Dzoic is in my signature.

ilook, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  5. auwal

auwal Peon

Best Answers:
    The good thing is they don't have any hidden charges.

auwal, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  6. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    My question: Let's say you have a social engine site with all their extra plugins, in addition to other 3rd party plugins and mods. If you sell the site, the new owner just needs to buy the new licence for $250? What about all the extra plugins (chat, classified, blogs, etc.) It sounds to me that they don't have to buy those again, but only the main $250 licence.

A good social engine site with all the extras could cost well over a thousand dollars. Even this is not bad if you plan on taking the endeavor. I always laugh when people want to start a dating or social networking for little or no money. Do you really want to spend all that time, effort and money promoting and marketing a crappy site? If you're not going to do the marketing and SEO, then what's the point. There are already way too many PR0 dating and social networking sites on the web that nobody ever uses.

Last question: If you buy two licences, do you have to buy all the plugins twice, or just once for both?

jasonvan, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  7. shunmax

shunmax Member

Best Answers:
    Why not WP MU + buddyress? It's not a rethoric question, I've just started to use it and I'd like to know which you consider it's weak points.
    Any buddypress VS dzoic articles/revies to suggest me?
    thanks

shunmax, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  8. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I must say i have not used Buddypress before, but i doubt if such huge systems will run smoothly on Wordpress.

If you have everything setup and running, pm me your url and a demo account and ill take a look as im curious.:)

ilook, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  9. BlaqHQ

BlaqHQ Peon

Best Answers:
    thats not true - actually you can sell it. since the license is for your domain, just sell the domain wiht the license and get your money back. Never log into the account after you sell it thats all

BlaqHQ, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  10. tonsblogger

tonsblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your warning, but net is too powerful nowadays and now this may come for free. Free to download if you have the guts to search for it.

tonsblogger, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  11. renegades21

renegades21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know this is an old thread but since it still pops up on place #5 our of over 2mill search results on Google... I thought it must have some weight (or is Google just coming to age and will soon retire? ;-) )

Anyway, I just wanted the rest know, not only is socialengine far too clumsy, but they also endorse totally hopeless "professional development teams... like; it would take a "SENIOR Developer" over at modules2buy dot com a minimum of 20 hours just to change some colors and the logo in header and footer so they can charge USD 1000.00 (wondering from which bin they pull their senior developers out to safe them from being dropped at the dump).

Good grief, I know there are a lot of naive folks out there but for how dumb do they count us anyway? STEER CLEAR of socialengine and their "Professionals"!

renegades21, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  12. salutcmoi

salutcmoi Peon

Best Answers:
    ahhaha see what is past when I wanted to make an account to download this free plugin proves one thing "they want the money," I hope they will go bankrupt

A valid Client Account can be created on SocialEngineAddOns.com only by purchasing atleast one of our products or services. To see our products, visit:http://www.socialengineaddons.com/catalog/1/plugins. To see our services, visit: http://www.socialengineaddons.com/catalog/services.
    During your first purchase from SocialEngineAddOns.com, you can mention your account details in the order checkout form.
    To be able to Download the quality Free Plugins provided by SocialEngineAddOns, you must first have a valid Client Account with us.

When you see people who are honest honest prices influence us to buy this, but this is different

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
    salutcmoi, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  13. choja3e

choja3e Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hello here you can find socialengine 4.5.0 with licence key : http://www.thamemo.com/categories/SocialEngine-4.5.0/ i have download it and it's work good

see here i did download the script and it work good with plugins : http://www.thamemo.com/categories/SocialEngine-4.5.0/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
    choja3e, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  14. Kili

Kili Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,All

Since the topic is quite old- what is the situation at the moment with SE (Social Engine) and the other options for creating a network?Which one is the best?

Kili, Apr 28, 2016 IP