1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Warning! Avoid BoxSrv.co.uk / CubedInternet Hosting. They Are Scamming Thieves!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by canaryspace, May 4, 2015.

I have recently had a terrible experience and I want to warn others so that you do not fall into the same trap as me that almost cost me my entire business!

Just over a year ago, I had problems with my hosting company, Hostgator, the same problem that thousands of people had and I was one of the many that were contacted by BoxSrv, also known as CubedInternet. They offered me a fantastic deal, too good to be true and it was too good to be true! One year later, the support became lazy, staff were leaving, live chat goes straight to email, lots of downtime and services that I paid for were not activated!

I decided to move away from BoxSrv due to reading many bad reviews and having over 24 hours of downtime because Paul from BoxSrv did not pay the data center that he was renting the servers from. Luckily, after pleading with the data center, they allowed me to copy all my files to a new server. However, I was over 2 months in advance with BoxSrv and Paul refused to refund me. I also paid for SSL certificates that were not installed, so I had to purchase new ones myself. Paul charged me €35 for SSL certificates, I bought the same Comodo certificates for $11 for 2! I was also paying for CPRemote and that was never activated, apparently there was a problem with it, however, no refund for the year I was paying for it!

Paul from BoxSrv is a thief, I did not break any of the terms, I simply moved to a safe server after having lots of downtime, speed issues, connection problems, services not being activated although I had paid for them and lack of support. It seems that BoxSrv / CubedInternet have turned into scammers who will take money for nothing and play the "Non Tangiable" item card when you do a Paypal dispute. Yes, I lost my Paypal dispute, however, when I contacted Paypal they were very sorry that nothing could be done in my favor, they have to play by the rules set, however, Paul will have another mark against him because it was certainly not the first Paypal dispute against him this year!

Many of my domains are registered through BoxSrv / CubedInternet and Paul deleted my account, although I was 2 months paid up front. His excuse is my account was inactive, how the hell can an account be inactive if I have domains and 2 months advance credit?! I was not able to access my domains so I had to write to ICAAN, Nominet and submit a complaint to econsumer.gov (the UK version of BBB), after almost 1 week of no access to my domains, I finally got my access back to the portal, not my original control panel, that remains deleted. Paul first said that the problem was my email setup, ie, password reminder was being sent and bouncing, total rubbish, I was getting emails telling me my account did not exist from the domain portal. After I managed to get access, Paul then changed his story and blamed the registrar that he resells for, telling me there was some problem somewhere.

All in all I had a terrible experience with boxsrv.co.uk, lots of stress, almost lost my entire business and all because of a scamming thief!

AVOID BOXSRV.CO.UK AND CUBEDINTERNET LIKE THE PLAGUE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

canaryspace, May 4, 2015 IP
  2. NewMedia Girl

NewMedia Girl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I hear your pain! We went to move our clients - 200 in all and Paul saw the load on the server and stopped our access. He then held our server ransom - refusing to give us access until we paid him and extra month. He changed the companies policies as he went along. it took a week to get our access back - Thankfully the new host company we moved to had got a copy off.. we were only missing the emails that were stored in the IP transfer. However - we suffered from that! Paul is an unprofessional man child. Thank god we paid with Visa! We can easily get our money back.

NewMedia Girl, May 4, 2015 IP
  3. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats pretty sad to know. Support is a major faction for any companies success.

webhost.uk.net, May 5, 2015 IP