1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Warning about using Payoneer

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by bluenile5, Feb 5, 2010.

Payoneer has been quick to introduce itself as an alternate to Paypal. But let me warn you about problems that I faced while using Payoneer.

My excitement about using Payoneer's debit card was all gone when I tried to withdraw cash from it for the first time from an ATM at Mumbai.
    1) The first time I tried to withdraw, the ATM returned an error taking too long to process.
    2) Second time I tried I received an error Insufficient Funds. :eek: WTF - Insufficient Funds???
    3) I thought it must be an error, so I tried again and again I received the same error.
    4) So I checked the balance on my card and horror horror horror. It showed negative balance. And then every time I checked my balance, it was lower in negative than the previous instant.

I came back home & checked online on Payoneer's website to see what had gone wrong. I quickly found out that my card was debited the first time and then when I tried to check the balance I was charged fees for checking balance amount. I was also charged for trying to withdraw money on subsequent attempts.

Then started a lengthy procedure to recover my money. I had to get ATM transaction copies from the Mumbai bank as proof that no money was actually dispensed to me, send many emails and check with Payoneer many time to recover my own money.

Finally in 3 months time I had my money.

But ohh in the mean time I had many more clients making payment and uploading money to my Payoneer card. Obviously I was not a fool to try with the same banks ATM in Mumbai, so the next time I tried a different banks ATM. Horror of horrors the same thing repeated itself second time I tried as well. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I requested all my remaining clients to make payments the old way by Paypal.

After 3 months when my money was refunded, I decided not to withdraw any cash and instead transferred the money to a friends card via his online shop. Of course I was charged fees for this too.

Moral of the story.

We are fucked.

bluenile5, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  2. PRGuy

PRGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh.. My God...

thanks for the experienced information my friend. I hope this will help many of us.. I was reading the other thread about payoneer as an alternate for paypal..

PRGuy, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  3. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Payoneer charges $0.9 for failed transactions, if the ATM said you don't have funds, this means you don't have funds... what do you want payoneer to give you money?

No they don't and you are a stupid/lier person that just signed up to POST this stupid/misleading thread

omarabid, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  4. bluenile5

bluenile5 Peon

Best Answers:
    TIP : DONT MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF BY DOING THE SIMPLE THINGS RIGHT. READ THE F**KING POST.

yes it was all caps.

bluenile5, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  5. Eli Parker

Eli Parker Peon

Best Answers:
    I would always prefer paypal rather these alternatives. Paypal is so far the best!!

Eli Parker, Mar 30, 2022 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    PP is the best? That is terrible indictment of the payment industry.

I signed up for PP when they were PAYING people $5 to sign up. Of course, I signed up, got the $5 credited to my account, and started using PP. Now, over TWO DECADES LATER, that SAME $5 is STILL in the account along with EVERY payment made to my PP account. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO WITHDRAW THAT MONEY, NEVER BEEN ABLE SPEND THAT MONEY, AND NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GIVE IT AWAY. All I can do is LOOK at the balance in my PP account.

I tried for decades to get my money, but have NEVER been able to recover a single solitary cent from PP no matter how hard I tried nor how may people at PP that I contacted.

I quit having money sent to my PP account decades ago and based on my experience with PP have avoided ALL online payment SCAMS since. Now if you want to buy from me, you send me a check or money order, or I WILL NOT SELL TO YOU.

And you think PP is supposed to be the BEST in the industry? Give me a break. Dig your head out of the sand.

mmerlinn, Apr 9, 2022 IP
    seomanualsubmission likes this.
  7. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree ... Paypal charge very higher than other (Most of charges are hidden) ...... Conversion charge is not good.

Recent Example :
    Payment sent by my client $600.00
    Received after cut paypal charge : $568.49
    But when he deposit in my bank then show money out : $547.05 (Dont know why and what is hidden charges)
    Conversion charge is also not good means if today 1 USD = 74 INR then paypal will show about 71/72 INR or nearby. Means about $50.00 is taken by paypal :mad:

[​IMG]

I will recommend personally SKRILL for international payment .... its more better than paypal. And for regional payment there are many payment gateways .... So i also try to avoid paypal ...

seomanualsubmission, Apr 9, 2022 IP
  8. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry for your issue but it's not only Payoneer's fault, it's the banks and yours as well.
    1st of all you should go inside and ask them how is their relationship with international banks from the USA and are you able to withdraw money from their ATM or is it just for local banks.
    Even though there is a sticker of VISA, Master Card, etc. on the ATM it doesn't guarantee that your card will work properly as they might have poor communication and problems might occur.
    2nd If they were unsure in the bank then you should go to 2nd bank and check.
    3rd If you could not find a bank that is 100% sure or that has good international ties with other world banks you should not use ATM at all.
    They do have an option on Payoneer for a wire transfer to a local bank and that way you would have less headache and if the problem occurs you have someone else to blame except yourself, Payoneer.
    4th Always ask friends that have already done it or research online from people from your country how to do it properly before you try it for the first time so that you will receive your money in the fastest and safest way possible.

Deos, Apr 11, 2022 IP
  9. Ivan S

Ivan S Member

Best Answers:
    I use both, PayPal and Payoneer. These are two different services and in my case, I can't use just one. Can't say anything bad about these.
    For more than 15 years I use PayPal without much trouble. Just recently, for your one year, I have a Payoneer debit card and everything works flawlessly.
    PayPal is for my freelance activities and Payoneer for Amazon Aff work I do. Can't rely just on one service.

Ivan S, Apr 11, 2022 IP
  10. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well these its strange as i use payoner and i dont have any problems just that when i get paid i need yo wait like 2 days until i receive the money in my account

Spartan14, Apr 12, 2022 IP
  11. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I am aware Payoneer deducts for failed withdrawals but come on we can not buy coffee with that money and imo, getting a refund on that is not worth it.
    The only time I was offended with Payoneer is when I tried to cancel a subscription to bit.ly pro account. There is no option to cancel subscriptions with Payoneer. When I asked support, they told me to contact bit.ly and ask them to stop my subscription. OR they said they will disable my card so that money can not be deducted from my account and then I have to ask for a new card to keep on using my money.
    What do you call this process for a simple task of cancelling subscriptions? (bit.ly deducted money anyways. couldn't stop it. But they stopped after deducting for a month.)
    Otherwise I still use them as my money processor more than others.

dess71, Apr 28, 2022 IP