1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Warm hello from Iran!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ladan Lashkari, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    fair enough, but its important to read it all kid.

And the polling results are also talking - you're a loser! and it hurts you and this why you're running to and fro looking for an annchor to rest from your mistakes.
    SEMrush

Arnie, Aug 19, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks gworld, I had missed that on account of visiting only a select few folders on DP.

I find this quite strange. But there is no benefit of trying to explain / clarify anything here :confused:

Oh Well!

Ajeet, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  3. Ladan Lashkari

Ladan Lashkari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed that thread about Iran and terrorism the day I introduced myself in DP. I thought this forum was full of people who are against Iranians. So I was pretty hesitant to participate here because I really don't enjoy reading and responding to hateful comments about my country or faith.

But since I've had a very positive experience in other Internet marketing forums - people usually get excited to see I'm from Iran :D - I decided to post and see how it goes.

And now I'm happy I did! :) As many of you said, most of the people in this forum are open-minded. I've just seen one person who has a bad effect on the friendly enviroment here. But I'll just ignore him.

It's true that people's income in US dollars over here is much less than over there - because our currency is Toman and every USD is about 900 Tomans, but $300 is still too low. I think a programmer's salary must be around $600 at least.

What type of programming are you looking for (e.g. PHP, ASP, etc.)? I might be able to find you a good programmer because I have some friends in this field.

Ladan Lashkari, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  4. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, that is quite like India then. Here a fresh grad from a good university (not the top univ, but a good univ) joining a big IT firm would get a start of something like Rs. 18000 (approx $450). But, these are fresh grads. If one is looking for someone that would have 6-7 years of experience, we are looking at $1000 per month. In fact, I remember when Google opened shop here, one of the two biggies had said that it is fascinating that you can get a serious programmer for $1000 a month.

Ajeet, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  5. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome Ladan,

I would be interested in hearing firsthand, your thoughts on the current work situation for women in Iran? I had heard that (at least at one time) married women needed to get permission to work outside the home? If this is still true, is it something that is more of a formality and it is common for married women to work outside the home?

mjewel, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Ladan

I need some one who works with ASP & MS SQL ( the projects are complicated, so a good programmer), if you know any such person can you please pass along the information.

Ajeet

Can you recommend some one in India? No time wasters but professionals, some one just wasted about 1 month for me.

gworld, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  7. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have hit the nail on its head. Programming skill, sincerety, and outlandish hardwork is common. But, project management is seriously lacking. And when one takes on a project remotely (as opposed to on site), one needs to have project management skills. I am still continually burning my fingers, and will tell you when I find someone of worth. There is one guy I am trying presently, and he is showing promise. Lets see.

Ajeet

Ajeet, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  8. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Tip: Click here (Arnie). Then you'll never even see his posts.

Nintendo, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  9. Ladan Lashkari

Ladan Lashkari Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK, I'll talk to them to see if they can do this project and let you know. I'll be happy if I can be of any help! :)

Thank you Nintendo :), but I'd rather see his posts. I just won't answer him anymore.

Many women have a job and work these days, and if someone doesn't, it's mostly because she herself wants to stay at home and raise her children. What you've heard about married women have to get permission to work, was true at the time my grandmother was young. Things have changed since then.

Women are much more independent and want to have their own income these days. Of course I'm talking about women in large cities like Tehran. I don't know about small towns or villages, though.

Ladan Lashkari, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  10. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it's good to hear actual experiences and how they differ from media reports- not that differences in other countries are better or worse. Here in the United States, although not legal based on gender, pay for women still lags behind men - although that gap is closing.

From personal experience, if a female ever feels the need to seek the approval or permission from her mate on anything, that abruptly stops UPON marriage :) .

mjewel, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  11. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This reminds me of an interesting experience. Last year, I met this guy who seemed interested to know that I had a graduate degree from the US. But, his first question to me was, "So did you like eating buffalo testicles?" I was like "What?" To which he matter of factedly responded, "Don't Americans love eating Buffalo Testicles?"

It turned out that he had seen some show on Discovery (or National Geographic or something) where there is a town in the US that has an annual festival / carnival where they serve buffalo testicles! I had to inform him that most Americans would not even know about that fact, leave alone savoring the "delicacy."

So, I guess that even true media coverage can be pretty misleading, as it can only show a part of the truth :)

Ajeet

PS: BTW, if you have to eat testicles, I recommend that you do not do so in front of the animal/person to whom they belong. That would be just rude! :D

Ajeet, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  12. charless

charless Banned

Best Answers:
    Habibi! :) Welcome :p

charless, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  13. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Then I guess the TV game show "Fear Factor" must really do wonders for the image of Americans!

mjewel, Aug 21, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.