1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Warm hello from Iran!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ladan Lashkari, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ;) Now is this your real name? - or is it a "secret" name?

Today I see the whois info too which was not up yesterday.

Welcome to the party:p

Arnie, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  2. Ladan Lashkari

Ladan Lashkari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Arnie,

It's my real name, of course. I always either tell the truth, or just don't say anything at all.
    No, I'm from Iran. In my photo, I'm standing outside my uncle's villa. In the north of Iran, between the Caspian sea and Alborz mountains, there's a warm and very humid area. There, you can find all types of rare flowers and plants.
    Yes, Iran is not on the list of coutries in Google AdSense signup form. They also don't send checks to Iran. So I've signed up with my uncle's name who works in British embassy and has a bank account in HSBC bank in London. Google sends my payments to him and he gives me the money.

It's completely legal because it's like my uncle is working with Google.

Ladan Lashkari, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  3. Ladan Lashkari

Best Answers:
    More and more people are getting into it and more and more companies are starting to use it, but it's still not as popular as over there (London).

Even though many people use IT and web development, but few people are familiar with Internet marketing and online business. It's mostly because having your online business is very difficult because of the US embargo upon Iran.

If you live in Iran, you can't work with US companies (e.g. Google, ClickBank, PayPal, Amazon, do I need to say more?). As an affiliate marketer, you can't cash checks from US companies. You can't have a merchant account to accept orders from your website. Until about a year ago, you couldn't even have a Visa/MasterCard to your address in Iran!

... And it's ALL because of the US embargo.

So with all these problems, it's the most natural thing that almost no one is into Internet marketing and online business, isn't it?

When I first got into this business at 16, I had to explain what online business is to everyone. No one had any idea about it. If the embargo didn't exist, I'm sure now we'd have thousands of people (at least) who made a living in this business.

Maybe you ask, "So with all these problems, why are YOU in this business?"

Yes, I've faced a lot of problems because of this career and still do, but because I'm passionate about what I do, I never give up and try to find a solution.

You can't imagine what kind of problems I've faced. When I first started to make money from affiliate marketing, guess what my problem was? How to cash those checks! Everyone's problem is how to make money, but mine was how to get the money I'd made! ;)

But I'm happy and grateful that I could solve all those problems and now I have a successful online business. I've earned many valuable experiences and met many wonderful people from all over the world because of this business.

I plan to travel to many countries and US is defnitely on my list. I'd also like to go to Canada, England, France, Japan, Africa, and other countries that I haven't decided yet! ;) I'd love to meet people in different parts of the world and learn more about their country and culture. I believe it makes my mind more open.

Ladan Lashkari, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  4. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Welcome to DP. Be on the lookout for messed up wackos!!! Luckly there's only one here!! :D:D:D:D

Nintendo, Aug 17, 2005 IP
    Arnie likes this.
  5. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad if it is as you say and I wish you most of success in your life.

Some times I'm a bit suspicious about people from your region and hope you'll understand why. Though, I know personally very nice Iranians but also bad ones who live abroad, the current situations in Iran, which is trying to aquire dangerous nuclear projects, are feeding on suspicions rather then on mutual understanding. Forgive me for that.

And be aware of f**e Google guys:D :D :D:p

Arnie, Aug 18, 2005 IP
    Ladan Lashkari likes this.
  6. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    What ?

Well done.

Err, the Iranians are one of the last to develop nucear technology.

Design Agent, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  7. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome Ladan,

I'm from Australia, which is a very large country with a very small population.

Do you have an internet connection at home? Do many Iranians own computers?

Joe

Joe Blow, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  8. Ladan Lashkari

Best Answers:
    I could feel it from your posts that your attitude towards me was not very positive. From your way of thinking, I guess you must be from the US, aren't you? I'm happy you know many nice Iranians, but I think you don't "personally" know any bad Iranians abroad. You mean those who the media says are bad, right? So maybe they are not bad. Maybe the media is hiding the truth.

I've been a subscriber to CNN Alerts for the word "Iran" for the past 6 months. Not that I think CNN is a trustworthy source of news, but just because I want to know what the media tells people on the other part of the world.

Sometimes when I read its news, I get very shocked and mad about the things they say about us. For example about our presidential election, they talk like people here are very sad the he's been chosen because he's (as they say) a hard-liner. But the truth is he is the most open-minded, caring, down-to-earth president I've seen in my life in Iran!

But why the media is telling those lies about him? Because they know he's not the one who gives them everything they want or lets them do anything they wish about Iran.

We certainly do NOT want to aquire dangerous nuclear weapons. We've told this a hundred times that we are just looking for producing nuclear energy to use for safe purposes (e.g. producing electricity, etc.) Every country is using nuclear energy - including US - so why not us? It's our right!

Ladan Lashkari, Aug 18, 2005 IP
    Arnie likes this.
  9. Ladan Lashkari

Best Answers:
    Hi Joe and it's nice to meet you! :)
    Yes! Almost everyone owns a computer over here and everyone who has a computer, is connected to the Internet. Hey, Iran is not like what you think! ;) Maybe you'd like to check out some photos of Tehran (the capital of Iran) that I've put on my site.

Best wishes,

Ladan

10. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ladan,

Do not dignify stupid posts with a response. Clearly this person who is "suspicious of people from your region" has not gone about asking others whether their forum id is their real/secret name. Nor does (s)he talk about their religion. Just ignore this joker. Red Repping this person seems like such a small punishment :)

Other than this one person who seems to dislike everything about Iran, you will find that this forum is very open and friendly. Once again welcome to DP. You will get addicted soon :)

Ajeet

Ajeet, Aug 18, 2005 IP
    Arnie likes this.
  11. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's your suggestion then?

Arnie, Aug 18, 2005 IP
    J.P likes this.
  12. Ladan Lashkari

Best Answers:
    Hi Ajeet,

Thank you for your advice! :) I didn't explain those things only for Arnie. I think some other people who have similar opinions like Arnie, might read this thread and my post can help them look at things from a different perspective.

If my post can do this for just one person, I'm happy and it's enough for me. :)

Hope all of us learn to like and respect each other!

13. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:
    Ladan,

Welcome from the Big Apple!

carowan, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome Ladan

This is a very good forum and you can find very useful information for improving your web sites.

Don't worry about Arnie, in his mind, he probably thinks that you are an Iranian Mata Hari who has come to this forum to discover the American SEO secrets and he is the top secret agent who is going to discover your true identity and send a hand written note to NSA (I am not joking, he mentions in another thread that he sends hand written notes to NSA). :)

What is the cost to hire some one in Iran to do some programming work (ASP & MSSQL)?

gworld, Aug 18, 2005 IP
    Ladan Lashkari likes this.
  15. Ladan Lashkari

Best Answers:
    I'm a web programmer myself, but I only do my own website programming so I'm not sure what others are charging for it. But I know the cost to hire a programmer over here is less expensive than some other countries (e.g. US, UK, and so on).

16. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm from the US, but I don't feel the same way that Arnie does. I believe every country has a way of slanting the news. It's the same with history.

Most people here at DP are very open minded.

Hodgedup, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ajeet

This guy Arnie has posted your posting in the other thread about terrorism supposedly to show how he is fighting the Iranian agents and your posting as proof that people are out to get him.
    I think he is losing it but it is funny. take a look.

Secret Agent Arnie fights the Iranian Mata Harri

Ladan

I have heard the salary for a programmer is about $300/month, does it sound right? Do you know anyone that you can recommend?

Thanks.

gworld, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  18. YianG

YianG Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello hello hello!

YianG, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  19. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I posted in the other thread, read, digest and learn kid, its your only chance. You try to get help in very strange ways for example of spraying lies about people, twisting, lying, deceiving others, destortions and more. You're trying to create a sort of bad behaviour on DP and bad bad reputations about DP as well.
    Hopefully people will read your postings to find out.

You're nuts, thats for real.

Arnie, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Arnie

You are the one who posted Ladan and Ajeet postings in the other thread and now you are blaming me for mentioning it here, don't you think your logic is kind of strange? :confused:

There are many American here who welcomed Ladan to this forum, did anybody else accept you asked her about her real name or tried to check her servers?

What kind of secrets is she going to learn in DP? Is there any military installation in DP that she shouldn't know about?

What do you think Arnie, should we PM Shawn to hide the secret weapon system that was developed in DP?

I have put a link to your posting in the other thread in my previous posting here, how about we let members read it and be the judge?

gworld, Aug 19, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.