1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Warez linking website, where?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by swissmistery, Jun 2, 2015.

I want to open a warez linking website, I've read a lot around formus and other stuff and till now I gather this information:
    - Netherlands, Sweden, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Russia are (some of them were?) the best place to host your servers, because it's "legal"
    - Many say that is legal, other that is illegal
    - Is suggested to choose and offshore host with a VPS
    - Every payment should be done through a safe way (bitcoin, paysafecard, etc.)

I could get fined/prosecuted for it?
    Someone as any experience on warez that can help me?

swissmistery, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    A warez-site is basically the same as a torrent-tracker (maybe you're not linking torrents, but the principle (legally) is the same). Hence you want to find somewhere that doesn't link (pun intended) linking to illegal stuff the same as actully providing / hosting illegal stuff. Unfortunately, the world is insane, and linking is allegdely the same as hosting it yourself. If you're Google, of course it's not, if you're Pirate Bay... it is. I wouldn't really recommend it, it'll be hard work, and you'll probably have to have back-up domains at the ready, in case your servers or domain gets seized (it will).

PoPSiCLe, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  3. swissmistery

swissmistery Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your answer..

I'm searching since a couple of day and after a while I had the same tought "Why if I link to something illegal, is illegal, but if Google does the same, is legal?" :)

I want to link movies and I have almost everything ready I started it as a side project just to improve my ability but now I'm really thinking about putting it live. The "only" thing that is stopping me is the choice on the nation where to host the website.. And if it's a good idea or not. :)

swissmistery, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  4. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you have to think about it, it probably isn't a good idea... ask Kim dot com how it worked out for him

pmf123, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  5. Qualdorei

Qualdorei Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you need antiabuse hosting

Qualdorei, Jun 4, 2015 IP