1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

War Starting Soon ? (IRAN - USA)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by commandos, Feb 14, 2007.

1. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    You are all sounding like kids....

You guys just can't stop fighting lol... :D

KingofKings, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  2. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    Meanwhile, the rest of us are taking over the world, $0.05 at a time!

ServerUnion, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  3. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When someone gets beat over and over again, they (gw) will eventually give up...but in the mean time, its a lot of fun for the rest of us...I am pretty sure we really get some people all wound up...while we sit back and remain calm....:D :D

d16man, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm doing it at $.11, thank ya very much!

lorien1973, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  5. Dead Corn

Dead Corn Peon

Best Answers:
    If we fight this bearded monkey, let it be from the air, where our superiority is unparalleled. Let us rain death and destruction upon his head and never step foot on his stinking country. Let us destroy his capability to create nuclear weapons, and let us pin-point bomb his banks which are so keen on funding terrorism around the world.

Let us pay six good fliers OT that night, hit them so hard they will never hear again, and then fly back home just in the nick of Miller Time.

Or, as an alternative, why don't we air drop six Israeli Mossad boys near Tehran, give them pen knives and wait the requisite day or two for them to bring us back this bearded midget's heart on a plate?

Dead Corn, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  6. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I love your style, Dead Corn!

GTech, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  7. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will take odds!!!!!!!! Someone got to profit other than the big boys!

briguy, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  8. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    They say if we go to war with Iran, it's unlikely we'll get involved that much with ground warfare. That it will be a missile war. That we'd take everything out with smart weapons, and isolate them.

I don't want war to happen (with Iran), for several reasons,...but unlike a few people here I want them to comply with their international obligations. And yes, I do want Bush to talk to them, no matter the results. This isn't like Iraq...we might have more consequences if we enter this than we hoped for. We better make sure we're on the right side with everyone, and that we appear to be the 'good guys' in all of this.

Rick_Michael, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  9. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    That's my point Rick Micheal that this war is not like Iraq at all.
    Iran is proud of it's government, and already hate americans.
    If USA invades... It's going to get ugly... Many US troops will die in this one.

KingofKings, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You watch too money Hollywood movies. :rolleyes:

gworld, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  11. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think that's true.
    No, not entirely true. Some do...definitely not all.

I doubt they'd physically invade. I'm assuming it would mostly be a matter of missiles. Perhaps a few secret-ops missions. Then again, I'm just assuming.

Rick_Michael, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  12. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wish I could trust bush and neocons but their track record s--ks.
    Not only they were wrong about everything going in Iraq but also they were totally wrong the way they managed the war.
    So considering that there is no evidence that Iran is developing nuclear weapons at this time and it seems likely that it will take them at least another four to five year to develop anything that would be dangerous, I rather wait for the next administration to deal with them

pizzaman, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  13. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    ...or a mushroom cloud, whichever comes first.

GTech, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  14. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    i heard that before would you like to see a video

pizzaman, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  15. Dead Corn

Dead Corn Peon

Best Answers:
    Rick, I do not want war to happen with Iran either, but no one has ever avoided such an unfortunate potentiality by being afraid to fight it... not with a bully. And yes, I too want Bush to talk with them, but I am less confident than some that it might measure up to a rats ass. As for it not being like Iraq, I agree, as well I do per the consequences. But it might be inevitable. My concern is that if this comes to pass we do not fall into the same trap we have in Iraq, by denying our true strength and boiling the whole affair down to a trench war, a street fight. That is not where our strength lies militarily. We should think more like Patton and less like John Wayne. Use what we got and crush them. Fast. Then leave town, and let them pick up the pieces - they shouldn't have messed with us in the first place. Whatever you may think of our presence in Iraq, we're there, why come and try and punch our nose?

LEAVE US ALONE!!!

As for this: "We better make sure we're on the right side with everyone, and that we appear to be the 'good guys' in all of this."

Rick, this is impossible. We ARE the good guys in Iraq and no one gives a shit!!!

I say screw them. I don't care what they think. Just leave us alone or pay the consequence.

Dead Corn, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  16. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    briguy, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  17. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I know. But the comments coming from Russia and China are bit uneasy for me. Iraq was a lot easier because we had precedence ie it sounded reasonable and they had warning for a long-time.

I don't want a fall-out with Russia or China...god-forbid a war among us. I know that's a bit too worrisome, but I feel that is a necessity. As strong as America thinks it is, it's not strong enough to take on three-fronts. Avoiding a conflict with Russia and China is the only thing I hope for in my lifetime. Iran is one thing, but China and Russia are impossible tasks...and completely unnecessary.

Perhaps that would never happen, but I think ever single step we take in security must involve good relations with those whom we absolutely don't want to fight.

I agree. But revolves around a different mentality in these times. See you and I, can think a war must be fought to win, and fought rightly so. Others here are unimaginable too high in their expectations on how a war should be fought...they make it a PC circus, where the practicality are not conceivable (and to some degree..some of our Generals flow with that credo). The culture of Congressional thought is not a pre-media mentality...it's go with the flow (of the whims of the time), no matter how wrong they are in the long-run.

I'm assuming Iran will probably be like that, if a war happens. Europe will fuckin hate us for the loss of oil. I tend to think that's why they're so complacent with many other things. They depend on Russia and the middle east...not the best forms of dependency.

I know what you're saying, chief. I'll just say that perception is everything...Roosevelt knew what his action would bring with Japan. He knew if he held a policy that threatened their war machine (economically), that they'd turn around to attack us. Americans were (stupidly) not ready to go to war against Hitler just on the pure merit that he was a threat. We had to make enemies with crazy-ass Japan to even enter the war ie Roosevelt had to. Roosevelt was a good-guy, but he knew the only way you get what you want is to deceive the populace...ie you claim your neutral, but you know you're not.

Before Japan was an ally to Germany, we were fairly hands-off with their violence against China. The moment Roosevelt saw the alliance, he economically bated Japan in. I'm thankful Roosevelt was wise and smart. I'm sorry for every single life lost in world war II, but had he not acted....god knows what Europe would have been like. I'm fairly sure Germany could have taken Britain shortly, and focused all it's efforts on Russia. After defeating Russia (which I'm sure it would do),...America would probably be next. Both Japan and Germany would probably combine their efforts.

I do not think Iran can do that. But I do think it's leader's are incredibly mind-fucked. And I'm sure some of them would love to nuke Europe and Israel...us if they had the fuckin chance. If they can't comply with international obligations and our allies aren't shying too far away...I'm afraid Roosevelt's lessons will come-back to haunt us.

We will have to make a chose.

Rick_Michael, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  18. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I must admit Rick that I still have you down in the sheeple catagory, but you are a rational sheeple, some very good points are contained within your posts. :)

You are 100% right about China and Russia, we (USA with its lapdog the UK) do not want to open that particular can of worms.

AGS, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  19. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    USA can not send more troops to Iraq. How will they cope with Iran?

In terms of machines (aircraft etc), they can bomb the country (major targets) in a few days, but then the local clans will start, just like in Iraq.

The limiting factor as I see it is in troops not machinery or missiles.

infonote, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  20. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    You say rational for some reason.

I do think I'm rational, and I do think if something is presented in front of me, I'll appreciate it for what it's worth. That said, you ever have something worthy of appreciation, please bring it forward; and while I may not immediately agree with you, I'll review it, and my mind may change.

No one on this board has a monopoly on truth. I'm sure I've been wrong many times and I'm sure I relied on information that I wouldn't accept now. It takes character to admit your wrong, even if it's self-inclusive. My view of the world has changed the more it's expanded. I need the interference of other people's opinions, to wager out whether or not my perception is close to reality. Again, don't feel like you have hold back any difference of opinion,...I sometimes find that the nicer you are to people the more they don't want to contend a view.

I'd much rather have that person be critical of my view, as I think they're often more truthful and honest.

No one should want to. I do not think Russia and China are the shining example for governements of the world, but I do think they're generally trying to progress into the modern world. And I want them to succeed at being a regular country, within the reasonable pace they can fit.

War with them would be catastrophic. I don't even want to think about it. They should be our buddies...no matter what. That's the only option in these days. Constant diplomacy with them is the only option...anything less is self-destructive.

Rick_Michael, Feb 17, 2007 IP