1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wanting to try something

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by younghistorians, Oct 27, 2004.

I've been playing around with Adsense while trying to increase my daily click rate. Instead of just creating spam pages with copies of other people's random content on hundreds of pages, id like to create a bunch of pages about things im interested it. Not really spam or generated pages, but just pages with basic info about many various topics.

Would this be morally acceptable?

younghistorians, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  2. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as you aren't hurting anybody....wasn't the original purpose of a website to pilfer out information anyway? ;)

I plan on doing the same thing once I get everything in order. But I'll be damned if I start writing pages about Meso or Vioxx - I think honesty is key here if you want respect.

david_sakh, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  3. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it would be just fine.
    There are sites that used to be called, heck they might still be called, "EN sites"

This stood for Everything and Nothing. :)
    There was a lot of content but it really didn't acheive, sell, or promote anything in particular. I'm sure we've all come across these types before.

I have my blog, and while I try and keep on focus it has extra pages ... like two in my sig that bring in some traffic, not a whole lot, but some and they don't necessarily have anything to do with my website in particular, but they are both subjects I am interested in and knew enough to write a bit about.

I'd say go for it and maybe by the time you have 10's of 100's of pages like this up, you'll be able to catagorize them and it will be relevent to your site. ;)

Such Great Heights, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  4. younghistorians

younghistorians Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some of the sites in your sig are kinda like what I want to do. Have you had any success with them?

younghistorians, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  5. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    From my own experience I know it is possible to become highly ranked for terms casually inserted into the content without any idea people would actually search for them.

I would suggest you use the key word sugestion tool to look for the most searched terms within the general areas you want to write about. You may as well optimize as much as possible even if the content is sort of random.

mhdoc, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  6. Sanzbar

Sanzbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds fine to me. Maybe just a blog and have AdSense...

Sanzbar, Oct 28, 2004 IP
  7. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    50% of my traffic is from natural search, and 50% of the traffic is from targeting keywords.

dejaone, Oct 28, 2004 IP
  8. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Kinda.
    I have this one iPod page and only link to it from here in this forum (mainly sig) and on my blog. If you search free ipod guide on google i am number 3, used to be number 2 at one point. and here are my stats for that page;

Page | Viewed | Entry
    free-ipod-mini.php | 695 | 575

so the page was viewed 695 times this month so far and 575 views was because it came from an outside link or search engine.

And the KW "ipod" has been in the searched for keyphrase 365 times when someone has come to my domain. 135 of those times was for the phrase "free ipod guide" alone. These stats are for the month of OCT as of today.

So this hasn't been bad for me, but I certainly could have done better with more links. I think. I just kind of threw it up and linked to it so I could get more referrals. :) And as you can see from the MYSTATUS thingy in the top left of the page, I've gotten 42 people to sign up under me. Now I only need 4 more of those people to complete their offer so I can get a free ipod. :)

Not bad. :)

Oh and the DVD page has gotten me 470 entry visits this month mostly from search engines.

So yes they get some visitors. But neither of them make me much money as far as AdSense goes. But if I had a bunch more of these pages I bet it would maybe pay for my monthly ISP bill. ;)

Such Great Heights, Oct 28, 2004 IP
  9. younghistorians

younghistorians Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    younghistorians, Oct 30, 2004 IP
  10. clubmedia

clubmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    sounds fine to me

clubmedia, Nov 4, 2004 IP