1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wanting to start blogging, I have some questions!

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by bsidh512, Jan 10, 2015.

Okay, so I want to start blogging and make money out of it, but I have no idea how to start! Can someone guide me through the process, and start by giving me a website where I can create my blog?

I would also like to mention that I don't want to be having to pay for anything while blogging! I'm looking for making a blog for free and then earning money through it.

Thank you!

bsidh512, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  2. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First you need to choose a blogging platform. Depending on your goal, Blogger and WordPress are two free platforms to use.
    Second, you need to find something to blog about and find related products to promote as an affiliate. But that's just one way to make $$.

ceenote100, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Technically your time isn't free since you could be earning by doing something else.

You will be able to do a lot for free (search this forum) but there will also be times where it makes sense to pay for the tools, themes etc that you use.

sarahk, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  4. bsidh512

bsidh512 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would use WordPress, but I've heard something about how WordPress would send me a bill to pay them some of the revenue or something of that sort?

Could you possibly give me a detailed outline of how I would make money through Wordpress? Thanks!

bsidh512, Jan 10, 2015 IP
  5. langau

langau Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress has both free and paid versions, its up to you that which one you want to use.

langau, Jan 11, 2015 IP
  6. Googl

Googl Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a good start for learning about how blogging works so you're on the right track. If I was in your position I would definately use Wordpress sooner: https://wordpress.org Use the self-hosted version of Wordpress. It will only cost you about $8 per month from hosting companies such as Hostgator or Hostnine probably less if you search for cheap web hosting companies. Some hosts will install Wordpress for you if you ask.

It is very easy to start a blog but making money that is a very different story. And it depends what tale you choose to take. Making money online is very hard and can take a lot of years! unless you have a 1000s of dollars to try out different things which will undoubtly make you a Google panda victim quickly (If you're careless)

If you're very serious about this look for a popular web hosting company such as Hostgator and sign up for an account. Buy a domain name from Godaddy and point the domain name to your host. Then ask Hostgator to install Wordpress for you or use there tools in the control panel. Having a unique domain name and a hosted site will give you a much higher authourity in search engines than using free services.

Googl, Jan 11, 2015 IP
  7. bsidh512

bsidh512 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all of the advice guys! There is one more method I am looking to try: Tumblr. I am thinking of blogging on Tumblr. I have started using Twitter, only 45 followers so far, but I wanna get people to read my blogs on Tumblr as I heard that making money from Tumblr is also possible. Does anyone know here how exactly the whole process goes though of blogging any making money from tumblr? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Also, when should I start on Tumblr? I have been writing my content on a forum for three years, now I'm wanting to make the transition towards Tumblr

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    bsidh512, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  8. bsidh512

bsidh512 Peon

Best Answers:
    ^Forgot to ask one more thing....can I copy/paste content that I have written in the past from a forum onto my new fresh blog?

bsidh512, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  9. Googl

Googl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can. Make sure to redirect all the pages that you copy from your forum to your blog. This may be hard for you but it will be useful for your new blog.

Googl, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  10. bsidh512

bsidh512 Peon

Best Answers:
    redirect as in post the link to the original content from the forum?

bsidh512, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  11. FOIAK

FOIAK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blogger is a very simple platform that's free. You can use a subdomain for free or you can
    Google Blogger is the simplest in my opinion to create a blog if you're very new to blogging. With Blogger you can use a subdomain of your choice for free or you can purchase a domain through godaddy right on Google Blogger for like $10 or something. If you want to get a little more advanced, but not too much, I highly recommend using Weebly to create your website/blog. It's a drag and drop editor and it has a blogging page built in you can choose. There's much for room for customization with Weebly, from a simple Blog to full fledged e-commerce. If you're new to website editing it may take a little getting used to, but there's a lot more freedom in what you can actually create on your blog website. With Weebly you can use a free subdomain and use the website editor for free(with limited features), and you can upgrade at anytime. They have a place to purchase a domain straight from their site like Google Blogger.

Based on experience, if you do end up using using Google Blogger and you stick with blogging, you're probably going to upgrade to a more advanced platform.

Hope this has helped!

FOIAK, Jan 26, 2015 IP
  12. bsidh512

bsidh512 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you!

Is there any other way to make money through Google Blogger though rather than just Adsense?

bsidh512, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  13. Charissa

Charissa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Folks,

Yup...as you discussed above, make sure to focus on affiliate. Affiliate is totally different from Adsense.

Charissa, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  14. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can make money blogging online without any investment, and of course, with a good budget as well. BUT there are only pros and cons on the free way to go. My best advice to you would be to really consider building your own blog site for the long run and for more profits with less work.

Going the free way is going to require a huge amount of massive action. You will easily have to work more than 10X times than those building their blogs with some money to invest in the necessary tools.

I would suggest you to learn all about SEO. And then you can start creating content all over the internet - promoting you free blog. Try to build a nice looking blog for sure! ;) ... it will take some time but if you blog daily for the first 90 days at least, the right way, with the right SEO knowledge, and taking massive consistent action - you could start generating a lot of leads from your blog every day. ;)

Keep up the great work!!

I hope this helps!

Cheers!

Snoopy240, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  15. bsidh512

bsidh512 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you!!

How about Chitika? Have you heard much about it?

bsidh512, Jan 31, 2015 IP