1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to learn how to code and web design correctly

Discussion in 'Programming' started by youhost, Jan 6, 2016.

I've always had a interest in webdesign and coding but lack the patience to learn, Plus no real information on how to learn without taking a course.

Lately I've seen a lot about learning to code and its sparked my interest..

On the web side of things I use wordpress and magento (only know the basics)

My questions are.

1. What language should I learn to start.
    2. How long would it take to learn something, I could use and remember ?
    3. I hear a lot about using C++ or python to start but the only one Ive seen a lot is php, what are the others used in ??

any other beneficial information would be great

youhost, Jan 6, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You realise that makes you sound like a brat?

Getting to be competent in web design will take a significant amount of time - more, probably, than web development because there are elements of design that can't be taught, you just have to learn by trial and error.

So, to answer your questions:
    1. learn HTML, PHP and javascript - you can't create a site these days without both. CSS and all it's quirks and hacks goes without saying since you want to do design.
    2. you can learn as you go if you are building a hobby site. Take a course and be prepared to spend hundreds of hours learning and experimenting if you aim to be employable.
    3. c++ is used in desktop software, is unnecessarily complicated but useful to know if you are coding something really, really intense. I don't hear much about Python these days, other people might be able to help.

sarahk, Jan 7, 2016 IP
    PoPSiCLe likes this.