1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to know your opinions..

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by KingJabeyt, May 25, 2014.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to know your opinions on this one..

Well, first of all, I'm not that good in writing, however... I love to blog. My way of writing articles is direct.. do not observe much of the technicalities, like when to use a semicolon, a colon, parallelism... etc. As long as I know I have delivered my message, understandable and is correct in grammar (I hope:)).

Anyway, I love writing on topics that concerns with web development, programming, web designing and seo. In your opinion, would it be a good topic to continue writing on? Would I be able to monetize it continually? In short, do you think it's one of those evergreen niches or writing category?

Let me know what you think and thanks in advance for your responses.

KingJabeyt, May 25, 2014 IP
  2. Garry_West

Garry_West Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Everything depends on your content. Writing about web development, programming and such stuff is a great thing to be monetized. But this niche is full of really great content. If you would be able to make nice and quality content - you will be successful.

Garry_West, May 25, 2014 IP
  3. KingJabeyt

KingJabeyt Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, all the articles I wrote on web development and design and seo are very specific... unlike those general articles who are just rewritten from original ones. Thanks for your output @Garry_West

KingJabeyt, May 25, 2014 IP
  4. rhephialow

rhephialow Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I have some problem with you. You know what I keep doing writing til drop and becomes loving it.

rhephialow, May 25, 2014 IP
  5. Mr Right

Mr Right Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With all due respect, your writing is a bit wonky. However, it isn't that bad. I suggest you hire a proofreader before you publish. Poorly written content is a no no, no matter how informative your content is.

Mr Right, Jun 1, 2014 IP
    Senobia likes this.
  6. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    If you love to write about programming, web development etc. you probably can code so why write articles ? :p Isn't programming more creative and paying job?

kenzo22, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  7. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Much depends on your speed and the professional niche you choose. If you can do 10k words in the segment of 500words/$5, you are ok. But if you come to the point of overburning in couple months of such work, a wise decision might be looking for a company that needs analytic writing where they evaluate writers' work due to its quality, not quantity

Karuna17, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  8. Rich Gerald

Rich Gerald Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you can always learn how to correct grammatical mistakes, but if this is something you're passionate about writing, then I'm sure you can make some money off it by going to sites such as oDesk and Elancer and finding work there.

Rich Gerald, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  9. wrcato

wrcato Active Member

Best Answers:
    KingJabeyt, If you know your stuff, I don't see why you couldn't start a blog in any niche you want or for that matter sell your knowledge and write for others. Webmasters look for technical articles all the time. People search for good useful blog posts and articles if it matches their search criteria.
    Go for it.

wrcato, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  10. Steven Caller

Steven Caller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Steven Caller, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  11. Tikoutikou

Tikoutikou Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    My recommendation for you will be to create a blog and then monetise the blog. This will ensure you a revenue stream for the long term.
    You will still have the option to sell the blog later on in case you want to recoup your money quickly.

Tikoutikou, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  12. Keith Nimble

Keith Nimble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For highly technical issues, I think readers will forgive your English if you give them good information. However, I'd suggest hiring a native speaker to look over your posts for obvious mistakes. It would be an easy job for them so you probably wouldn't have to pay too much for that service.

Keith Nimble, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  13. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your writing is not that bad.
    I know SEO is a evergreen niche. Not too sure on web development, programming and web designing.

But honestly, I dislike programming myself. It put me to sleep.
    * No offence to programmer here.

Melisa455, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  14. ca-detz

ca-detz Member

Best Answers:
    yes, you can.

The Internet go away soon. So there is still demand for Web designers, HTML/Java coders, etc.

And good writing is really contextual. In any format, whether business, academic, literary, etc. it depends on the audience, setting, and tone. Not all good writing is using Standard English/the Queen's English. Not all settings require that.

ca-detz, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  15. nameless7

nameless7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Programming and web designing is an evergreen topic, but it's a competitive one. So if you want to stand out of the heard you have to provide really unique content.

nameless7, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  16. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    You must have a unique content for this niche. It is hard to be unique when everyone or let's say a lot of people are writing about this everyday.

usemyteam, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  17. Otto Baynes

Otto Baynes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Certainly an evergreen topic and worth pursuing, the Web and computers aren't going anywhere. If you're providing really useful and unique information, and your English is at least understandable, then you'll always find a fair amount of readers willing to overlook the lack of polish. But lack of polish also does guarantee you'll lose some readers who see grammar mistakes right up front and immediately think "this isn't worth my time". I'm not deeply familiar with programming and web development but the importance of clear English is magnified in any highly technical field.

Like Keith suggested, go for it but I'd strongly consider hiring a proofreader or editor at a reasonable rate.

Otto Baynes, Oct 10, 2014 IP