1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to be a web designer? heres my first sites.

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by neilparnham, Aug 7, 2009.

Hi, well im sure many of you want to learn web design - well first heres some work ive done recently and then after that is work i made 7 years ago when i started out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

neilparnham, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  2. neilparnham

neilparnham Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. neilparnham

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    And here is some of my first works from 7 years ago.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. neilparnham

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    and i cant wait for 10 years from now to see what i will be like then :) learn learn learn - if you stop being a learner you will get left behind.

5. Birokrat

Birokrat Member

Best Answers:
    Nice work.

Birokrat, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  6. scorpion2

scorpion2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like the "Wild Ginger" site.

scorpion2, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  7. philly387

philly387 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you creating these sites to sell them? If not, you should! I bet you could make some decent money doing that.

philly387, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  8. twizzlers

twizzlers Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm loving the Wild Ginger one too, but the ones in the first post are pretty awesome too.

Do you mind telling us the steps you take in designing a site? From when a client tells you what they want :) That would be extremely helpful!

twizzlers, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  9. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I remember seeing that a while ago (on DP I guess). It's a really nice design.
    @ neilparnham, did you do the current Wild Ginger site? I like that too.

Kerosene, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  10. Lakai.

Lakai. Peon

Best Answers:
    really nice man i love the simpsons layout :)

Lakai., Aug 8, 2009 IP
  11. neilparnham

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    hi sorry went to get something to eat - the wild ginger nope dont like it personally - but i hardly ever like any of my work im very picky. - plus rule of web design you aint designing for you , your designing for the client - yep im doing these in contests - my most recent work netted me $750 plus got another $800 of work out of that guy - plus he wants me to do some other work. - twizzlers - unlike many people i dont draw down the design - ive got great control over my head i can instantly see how i want it in my head and i follow that - for one i dont use photoshop as it aint specifically designed to make web graphics its mainly for photo work - i use Fireworks Cs3 - i should go up to CS4 but my pc dont like it - ill solve that soon ill get a new one but im waiting for Windows 7 - i will be writing a Fireworks Cs3 guide soon - it will go from the starter stage to advanced. im also going to set up a site called contest cheater which will have tons of graphics to buy in it. ok but before that a breif overview of how i do stuff: - as i said i start with the picture in my head - i always work off the logo i avoid contests that dont have a logo as i find it a bit harder to do - when i have the logo i look around my room or outside (this is something new ive started doing) - like say in front of me now ive got some filter tips some ciggies - a bottle of monster energy drink - i look at these things and see what shapes are working well together within this and also the colours that go well together. i used to have the background set at 1024 width but now im going to 1200 as it seems to look better - i usually go for basic background images - i like gradients in the background - then i have to decide on where i want the navigation - i like joining objects together with the nav - im sure you have seen them curved tabs i love them heres a little guide on making them that someone wrote: http://www.fireworksguruforum.com/index.php?showtopic=843 - i find the hardest type of website is the clean ones - you have to be so subtle with it. i usually drag out the main content area next - most of the time its just a rectangle area but i do like making interesting shapes - like on http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1442356 --- i then make blank colour areas around this to show where i want things to go then i can better visualise everything -- then its just fill in with content make it look pretty align everything if it needs it. if your starting out dont use pre made templates EVER - when i was starting out i tried working with them but - if you take what you have in your mind then mix it with some pre made template you end up with a mess - well at least i do. one set back i have is im dislexic so i have to keep changing words lol. web design aint just for the money for me its an artistic vision within my head coming out - money stays the same art is always changing - but as i said ill write a long long ebook on this stuff neil.

neilparnham, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  12. xceedbd

xceedbd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    wow really i like all the site. Gr8...wonderful design. wish your good luck and bright future.

xceedbd, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  13. neilparnham

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    thank you xceedbd - - - im hoping to technically give up web design -- want to get into reselling - i do blackhat and whitehat marketing as well - soon im going to learn 3d modelling and animation

14. dpsubi1

dpsubi1 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nice designs. I suggest you to continue web designing. do not give up. :)

dpsubi1, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  15. ram.chaudhari24

ram.chaudhari24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice work........I too suggest you to continue the work

ram.chaudhari24, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  16. twizzlers

twizzlers Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you also code your designs?

twizzlers, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  17. neilparnham

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    simple answer no - i dont any more dont see the point you can get it done cheap - so why waste your time - plus most of my work they only require the psd or png

18. ProdigalSon

ProdigalSon Peon

Best Answers:
    Great work I always love looking at my first designs and comparing them to the designs I do today, thats what keeps me motivated its the progression.

ProdigalSon, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  19. cheesy

cheesy Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha, it's great to see how much you have improved over the years.
    I've only just started out with web design myself, im only 15 years old, but i think if i start out young, i'll get much better faster than others :)

cheesy, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  20. sheryonline

sheryonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats gr8 man .. u r a nice and wonderful designer dont quit designing wish u Gud luck....
    thanx
    Shery !

sheryonline, Aug 8, 2009 IP