1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

want to add rss feed on my website!

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by newstore2009, Jan 30, 2009.

hello all i have a website where i want to add rss feed i do not know how i am add this from where i will get please tell me step by step . i shall be very thankfull.

newstore2009, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  2. jackio

jackio Banned

Best Answers:
    Well you should tell what language is your website programmed so you can post in the programming section to help you install and use a script to create a rss feed. If you use already a CMS or something, check if it is already a RSS option present.

Hope it helped.

jackio, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  3. NinjaWork

NinjaWork Guest

Best Answers:
    you can use wordpress - then an rss feed is automatically created for your blog.

NinjaWork, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  4. fana

fana Banned

Best Answers:
    RSS is a family of Web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works—such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and videoi in a standardized format. An RSS document is full or summarized text, plus metadata such as publishing dates and authorship. Web feeds benefit publishers by letting them syndicate content automatically. They benefit readers who want to subscribe to timely updates from favored websites or to aggregate feeds from many sites into one place. RSS feeds can be read using software called an "RSS reader", "feed reader", or "aggregator", which can be web-based, desktop-based, mobile device or any computerized Internet-connected device. A standardized XML file format allows the information to be published once and viewed by many different programs. The user subscribes to a feed by entering the feed's URI The RSS reader checks the user's subscribed feeds regularly for new work, downloads any updates that it finds, and provides a user interface to monitor and read the feeds.

Above info is generally what we get from most of the sites.To make it more clear and easy the following points will help you.
    <b>if u want to create your own RSS page</b>
    1. create and RSS file in which your specified web page is given as link.
    this done using the guidelines given in http://w3schools.com/rss/rss_syntax.asp
    2.upload this rss file in the server containing the particular page.
    3.to make the page readable aggregate your page using feed burner or other aggregators available.

once this is done your page is available for reading from any RSS reader. select any RSS reader and submit your link. you will automatically get your page. If that page is updated the same will get reflected in the reader as well.

<b> if you want to provide RSS feeds of others in your page do the following </b>
    1.select the feed URL you want to publish

use the code given in this link if you are using PHP
    http://w3schools.com/php/php_ajax_rss_reader.asp

this code would help your reading the RSS feed. thus bring in RSS feed into your site.

2. If you are not using PHP go for conversion software from your language used to javascript for ex
    if you are using PHP search PHP to java scipt converter which is available in net.

3. just convert the feed and put it into your site which will get updated news or info whatever given in them

If more info needed have a look at this site www.in.visitthebest.com and send your enquiries to

fana, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  5. ravont

ravont Peon

Best Answers:
    you can use feedburner that would help u out.

ravont, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  6. sms2547

sms2547 Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest this website: http:xml-rss.com
    It's free and extremely easy. News from any web. Paste it on your web page or facebook easily.

sms2547, Jan 7, 2012 IP