1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want more sales/traffic/conversions or have technical problems? Free consultancy

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Oleksandr, Dec 25, 2016.

Hi. Let me help you with your ecommerce. But first little bit about me.

I'm an ecommerce business owner with prior 6 years experience in software development. I also learned quite a few ecommerce-specific courses from the best digital marketers.

And since I'm doing pretty well with my ecommerce business I decided to help you grow your store. My consultancy is free on this forum.

What questions can you ask?
    The topics that I know the best are email marketing, content marketing, FB ads, brand positioning, conversions and also general ecommerce technical questions. As for the platforms OpenCart is my best choice, but I'm also familiar with Shopify as well.

Feel free to post your questions in this thread or PM me directly.
    Important notice: I don't sell you anything.
    Thanks guy and let's grow our businesses together.

Oleksandr, Dec 25, 2016 IP
  2. Tugeza

Tugeza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tugeza, Jan 18, 2017 IP
  3. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Oleksandr What would be your solution if there are too many duplicate pages within the eCommerce website?

KylieSweet, Jan 18, 2017 IP
  4. Oleksandr

Oleksandr Member

Best Answers:
    Hello. Sorry for the late response.
    For your case I recommend Shopify. Shopify is easier to start with and has everything you need in your ecommerce store in form of apps, though they are paid most of the time. Make sure you get a good design, that converts visitors into buyers. With bad design you will be losing sales. On the other hand Magento is better for enterprise level ecommerce(the ones with thousands of products, which is not your case I assume).

There are two types of duplicate pages. The first is when you need the page and it actually provides value for visitors. For example, the page is better organized for users or for particular use case on your website. Those pages are good and you want Google to keep them in index, but tell it what is the original page using <link rel="canonical" href="<original-page-url>">. The second type is the exact page duplicates with different URLs. Those are most likely appearing because of how your ecommerce platform works. You can tweak the code of the platform to stop generating those additional duplicates. The actual tweak is platform-specific, so I have to look on your exact case to make a fix specifically for you. You can hire a developer for it as well. Hope that helps.

Oleksandr, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  5. Mika88888i

Mika88888i Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, I've got some confusion , I heard that usually conversion rate is 1% , so I got FB ads running , and already got 300 clicks , however it's still 0 selles , no one bought , my click price is about 0.05 cents so click throught rate is good I believe , product also is not that expensive , I sell power banks , here is my website , only 2 products there - pinkershop.com , and my ad is pointing to this product http://pinkershop.com/product/power-bank-vager-original/ - 160 AED is about 30$ , I target in fb ads only one country , so is it normal that after 300 clicks is still 0 purchase or should I adjust something here? Thank You

Mika88888i, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  6. Oleksandr

Oleksandr Member

Best Answers:
    1. Test your checkout process, so that you know everything works properly.
    2. Take a look on your Google Analytics data. See what is your exit % on the product page and on the cart page?
    3. Improve CTR from product page -> cart page. To do this I would recommend you do the following:
    - Lay down all the essential information about your power bank, so that the visitor can see specific information about the product without the need to scroll. Currently, if I go to your product page all I see is that you sell "Power Bank Vager", its picture and the price. I wanna know what is its capacity? 10000 mah? 20000 mah? Specifiy it in the header. In general you wanna have as much information as possible above the fold, because many people will not scroll and you will lose them.
    - Then I see that you offer free shipping. Write it down on the product page, so I can see it before purchase.
    - When I click "Add To Cart" bring me to the cart page. Currently I have to click two times: first on the button and the second on the green alert.
    - Add lifestyle pictures of your photo, that show the benefits of using the product. It can charge two phones? Great, show me that on the picture, so that I can see it. Make it super easy for me to understand your product USPs in the first 5 seconds.
    - Setup exit intent popup offering 10% discount for people who are leaving your page. You are going to lose them, so the popup with discount will help to capture their email and get the sale anyway. I recommend you use Klaviyo and setup a HOTLIST email automation sequence for at least 7 days.

I hope that helps.

Oleksandr, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  7. Oleksandr

Oleksandr Member

Best Answers:
    @Mika88888i, I also recommend you make an article about power banks and how they solve people's problem and advertise that, instead of your shopping cart. Shopping cart is great for people that are hot, but for cold traffic content articles outperform direct shopping cart ads, from my experience.

8. Mika88888i

Mika88888i Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you , it's amazing advise , I'll definitely apply that ;)

Mika88888i, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  9. Oleksandr

Oleksandr Member

Best Answers:
    Hey @Mika88888i you are welcome. Let me know if you need any help in the future.