1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want higher Adsense CTR? Advertise with Adwords

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Zedzero, Sep 4, 2005.

1. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, a really reasonable way to treat someone offering their experiences :rolleyes:

SEbasic, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    This is true. If you have a resource site where people need to keep coming back then any advertising can mean an increase in revenue. The only exception being forums.

Thats a little different then what has been proposed here.

I am not against AdWords as I am an advertiser myself. If you have a strategy where you are bringing in people to use a service then it can yield very different results.

The question here, though, was creating an AdSense site and converting click for click.

yfs1, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  3. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Even though I agreed with some of what you said Gadood - It was probably this comment that got you the reds:

I have nothing against the person making the claim as they really believe its that easy. My concern is with the theory and for that to gain support, you do have to back it up.

yfs1, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  4. Sjorritsma

Sjorritsma Peon

Best Answers:
    you're right, That is not working.

Only with returning visitors you can earn some money.

Sjorritsma, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  5. yfs1

Best Answers:
    I think if you are going to utilize AdWords then you have to build a truly unique service site that compliments the keywords. That in itself takes work and maintenance.

Not to mention you are broadening your definition of conversion. Now either clicking on an ad or getting someone to sign up is a conversion.

This means you are instantly cutting your cost per conversion, which should be the true deciding factor when it comes to this strategy.

yfs1, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    The 'Do you want to know?' question was pretty honest and did have a point to it, because it didn't sound like he cared about results. It sounded like he'd decided it was worth it - he stated so - and didn't care much for finding out the truth. He hadn't provided any evidence to suggest it was worth it, but just kept repeating it was for various reasons, where as I think I cared more then him whether it was actually really worth it.

I still don't believe he will bother tracking or looking for results. He decided it was worth it a long time ago.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  7. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    When i started this thread, i knew that this is common sense. I didn't claim that this is a new thing. I just shared my experience. Now i know what to share on dp boards, and what not to share. Thanks for your help and comments.

Zedzero, Sep 6, 2005 IP
    elkiwi likes this.
  8. yfs1

Best Answers:
    This is what I have an issue with. That you are claiming it is common sense that you can make money this way. It isn't though. It is actually extremely difficult.

yfs1, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  9. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    This might work if you target high paying keywords for adsense with cheaper keywords in adwords. That's not obvious though. As an example, someone who is "still not convinced" or still looking for motives to quit smoking might use cheap keywords to find something. In the adwords you can point him to a site with adsense on cancer,... I guess this might work. just guessing

enQuira, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  10. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    It boils down to advice, sound advice. If you dispense it, make sure you have stats to back it up. There are plenty of ways to track your visitors for free, use them! Without stats, you’re just guessing and getting excited.

TooHappy, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way I am not a big fan of adsense wholesalers unless they are actually providing legitimate content in the middle. I think people who play both sides for the sole purpose of paying for lower ads so they can convert them to higher paying ads are bad for the adsense program.

If you are actually providing legitimate content on your keywords, then I don't have a problem with people using it as a way to subsidize your own advertising budget. If you are just keyword farming and trying to speculate margins I hope you are eventually done away with...

I want legitimate advertisers to be able to hook up with legitimate publishers for particular keywords. That is a win-win situation. Google is already the middle-man in that situation. There is no need to add another layer in there. It is not good for publishers and it is not good for the visitors.

aeiouy, Sep 6, 2005 IP
    elkiwi likes this.
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    If they are making money, I doubt they care what you or I think of them. :rolleyes:

Actually, those additional advertisers are better at finding niche' search terms -- which means more ads for me as a publisher.

In addition, the increase the demand for AdWords search terms. When you increase demand, price goes up. This is good for me as a publisher. :)

Will.Spencer, Sep 6, 2005 IP