1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want higher Adsense CTR? Advertise with Adwords

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Zedzero, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    depends...if you have a forum, or a site where are likely to return you can increase returning profits. but if it's one of those sites that you visit once and leave...well then yeah

Dekker, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  2. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, don't mind GADOOD. It's been proven time and time again that his attitude stinks and most people on this board generally dislikes him, hence his crappy reputation. You don't get a solid "red" dot with just 300 posts without getting on a LOT of people's sh*t list.

toocoolforschool, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I agree with everyone else, doing this seems almost impossible, even more when Google now disabels your ads and asks you to bid 10 times more to activate them.

If you managed to get some profit from this, congratulations, but posting something like Want higher Adsense CTR? Advertise with Adwords is nonsense, it is very difficult to find keywords that can generate any profit and most of the times you will end up loosing money.

fryman, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  4. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't think it's nonsense. In fact it is very logical. Visitors coming via clicking an ad, should be more tend to click on ads, if they haven't find what they're looking for, or found but need more.

Let's say i'm running a site teaching how to play guitar.
    I start an adwords campaign, and visitors start coming.
    A visitor enters (important part is, this visitor is hungry for information. he did searched for what i offer, he has no problems with clicking on ads.), read tutorials, and articles, learns something, maybe adds my site to bookmarks, and wants more. He clicks an ad on my site to learn more on guitar playing, and leaves.
    Another visitor enters, looking for some electric guitar tutorials, have a look at the site, found out that i offer nothing about electric guitar, and then leaves by clicking one of the electric guitar ads on my site.

Is this nonsense?

If you have a website about guitar playing, but you can not display ads about electric guitar, this is your problem. Of course this will not work on nowadays popular sites offering nothing but keyword rich cloned articles -mind you, i'm not accusing anyone. But if you have some real content, or if you're offering something original, i don't see any reasons this won't work.

Zedzero, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    What's nonsense is that you post it as if it was a wonderful tip that anyone could use.

99% of the keywords you try will make you loose money in the end.

fryman, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  6. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    2 problems:

First, not everyone who enters will click, but you pay for everyone who enters.

Second,if it cost you $.50/click to get the visitor chances are you'll get a lot less per click since the ad you placed and the ads google serve on your site are similar.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just pretty tough, otherwise adsense would be one big pyramid scheme.

Roman, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  7. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course it can't work on expensive keywords. I never pay more than $0.09/click. But these are just details. I think this can be tailored to fit most of the sites.

And, as i said in my first post, it's been only a day since i started this adwords campaign. It's too early for results. All we are doing is some assumptions. Maybe you are right, and i will be in loss. Who knows? I will post results when i have some real data.

Zedzero, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  8. jahfingers

jahfingers Peon

Best Answers:
    Not everyone is using Adwords to turn profits, some are into branding and other long term advertising campaign goals.

Google released the cpm feature of Adwords in part for advertisers to run branding campaigns. Some are just interested in a short term dollar, and some have other goals in mind. To each their own.

jahfingers, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  9. medusa

medusa Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I was also considering the same... using adwords campaign to bring more visitors to my site and then make money when they click on the ads on my site...
    But was not sure of the stats and did not know whether I would make money or lose it!

medusa, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  10. elkiwi

elkiwi Active Member

Best Answers:
    You've just got to remember the CTR. Not every visit from adwords campaign is going to result in a click on an ad.

Let's say you have 100 vistitors from adwords which cost you $10.00 (0.10c /pc)

CTR 10% = 10 clicks (generous because of adwords hungry visitor theory)

@ let's say $1.00 = $10.00

Even with these rediculous numbers it just doesn't work out.

elkiwi, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  11. medusa

medusa Peon

Best Answers:
    There you go!

That was the reason why I stopped short of actually using adwords for this purpose...

medusa, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  12. Sloth

Sloth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wise words. You'd (most likely) have to have a 100% CTR just to break even!

(Well, you can target higher paying ads, but it still just doesn't work out)

Sloth, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  13. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, now that makes sense. but i'm still seeing a very stable increase. Any ideas why?

Zedzero, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  14. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    A stable increase in what? Visitors, Profit, AdSense Revenue?

yfs1, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  15. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    in ctr, and in revenue (adsense - adwords).

Zedzero, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  16. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Well we can forget about discussing CTR because its obvious that will go up. What is the approximate amount of revenue. ie. what did you make in adsense compared to adwords

You can give a percentage if you like

yfs1, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  17. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    my revenue from adsense is doubled, and it is almost x8 of what i spent in adwords.

i don't know, maybe this increase was gonna happen anyway.

Zedzero, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  18. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Arent you tracking the clicks so you know exactly how many are from AdWords and how many from a normal increase?

yfs1, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  19. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    nope. all my money goes to hosting (a bandwidth eater site). i will buy asrep when i can.
    :(

Zedzero, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  20. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Well congrats on your increase no matter where it is coming from but unless you are able to track it, you can't really be advising other people to do this.

You can lose a lot of money very quickly with an aggresive strategy. I don't doubt some people are making money but it takes a LOT of research to do it.

A lot of people, especially on high paying words, opt out of content so search is generally more expensive anyway. This puts you on shaky ground to start.

If it was easy as just putting up some AdWords ads we would all be doing it but in my experience it is a money loser nearly all of the time

yfs1, Sep 6, 2005 IP