1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wait....if google ignores the meta tag

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by david_sakh, Jan 6, 2005.

...as I have heard, how do you choose keywords? I thought they were specified in the meta tags....

david_sakh, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  2. wrkalot

wrkalot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of keyword suggestion tools (The one on Digital Point is a good one). I would still use the keyword and description meta tags. Google may not use them but many search engines still do.

wrkalot, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  3. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't put much weight if at all on the keyword or description meta tags.
    BUT
    Google does display the description meta tag in the SERPs under your title if the decription contains the keyword/phrase the searcher is looking for. try it, it's neat.

They also might use the meta tags a little for AdSense if you have that running, but I'm not 100% sure.

And to choose keywords put the keywords in your title tag, all over in the body tag (content/text), in anchor text of links to that page, and in headings, lists, etc., etc..

does that help?

Such Great Heights, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  4. gregorym

gregorym Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that google doesn't use the meta keywords, but put little weight eventually on meta description.

gregorym, Jan 8, 2005 IP