1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

vvebdesign.co.uk - how much would you pay?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by dave487, Nov 10, 2005.

I have the domain www.vvebdesign.co.uk, how much is this worth and how much would anyone offer me for it (not sure if I want to sell it - just testing the water really).:)

dave487, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  2. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not a lot, its not particulaly SEO friendly doing the vv instead of the w - it will cause confusions and not score so well IMO - however, if there's a fan of Vibrant Virgins Eating Brie and they want to design new shapes of Brie for the virgins to eat, you could be onto a winner ;)

Dio, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  3. dave487

dave487 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just spotted loads more of these eg vveb.tv and vvebsite.net that haven't been registered, if you write in a certain font it looks like web.tv

Is there any point in this? I thought it was a great discovery an hour ago but now not so sure. As Dio says it will be confusing and not seo fiendly.

If anyone has a use for them there are loads available still.

dave487, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  4. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend not investing too much money in these "vv" domains. I remember a company back in 1999... pq something. They thought they had a clever idea of registering every big keyword with a p and q wrapped around it. Like pcarsq.com, or pelectronicsq.com. Millions were spent on marketing and throwing big parties to celebrate their wonderful idea. A year later they went under. I may be the only person that even remembers them... ;-)

So my advice, don't spend your money on domain name gimicks. Focus your resources on building a good quality site with good content that users will enjoy and recommend.

Good luck!

my3cents, Nov 13, 2005 IP