1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying VPS with java support

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by 2beers, Jan 9, 2010.

Hi. I have designed an application ( similar to a chat application) and the server side is designed in java.
    Currently I don't have the budget to buy a dedicated server but I am interested in a VPS.
    My requirements are:
    PHP 5.2 or higher
    MySQL 5.0 or higher
    Apache HTTP Server ( or other http server)
    1 dedicated ip
    Java 6 installed ( I'm not interested in running JSP just simple java application)

The chat clients will connect to the ip on a certain port specified by me, so I need to have the possibility to open and close ports from the firewall.

Also I will require 2 days for free to see how your service is working.
    payment will be made by paypal or moneybookers. payment will be made monthly at the begining to see how it works.
    Good support is a plus.

Please send me your best offers.
    Thanks

2beers, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  2. iRock-Matt

iRock-Matt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Unfortunately AFAIK no one will give out free trials for VPS as they are pretty expensive when it comes to RAM and bandwidth.

I dunno, just look around DP.

iRock-Matt, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  3. 2beers

2beers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

ok. well at least the posibility to pay a small amount for 2 days to see how it works. I'm not interested in a large bandwidth and my application require around 45 Mb ram so 64 or 128 MB ram will be enough for me

2beers, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  4. njoker555

njoker555 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    You'd be able to install whatever you want on a VPS including apache, mysql, etc. So that part of our requirement would be set for any VPS host, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it to get a VPS if you couldn't install what you needed :)

njoker555, Jan 9, 2010 IP