1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VPS with cron time less than one minute

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by sijumpk, Aug 28, 2011.

Can anyone provide information about any VPS in which we can set cron intervel less than one minute ( or atleast one minute ). Most of the hosting companies are providing 15 minutes as minimum cron time in shared hosting.

sijumpk, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    VPS and shared hosting are two very different things. Which are you looking for?

If you are looking for a VPS, you can set the cron intervals to whatever you want. Hosts do not place a limit on that, just like they wouldn't with a dedicated server. Shared hosting is definitely going to have a limit, normally between 10-15 minutes.

WSWD, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  3. sijumpk

sijumpk Peon

Best Answers:
    I am looking for a shared hosting. Do you know about any shared hosting companies who are providing cron time in the range of one minute ?

sijumpk, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  4. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't personally. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out with that. In the meantime, it might not hurt to just start going through the list of top web hosts, and reading their AUPs to see what you can find. As I said, most shared hosts are going to have a limit of some sort, to help protect their server resources.

WSWD, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  5. Dominatos

Dominatos Member

Best Answers:
    If you do not consider making high load with your tasks there might be no problem- usually 1 minute interval is possible almost everywhere.

Dominatos, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  6. sijumpk

sijumpk Peon

Best Answers:
    @WSWD Thank you, I used 4-5 hosting services which are coming on the toppers list. I think before they were supporting this much amount of time but now either they are not providing or they will remove our cron job with a cron failure email.
    @Dominatos, there is no problem with load as I just want to make an internal heartbeat so that my processes won't die. Can you give atleast one shared hosting service name, who are allowing 1 minute interval cron.

sijumpk, Aug 29, 2011 IP