1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vote For Coop Network Members

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by digitalpoint, Oct 22, 2004.

?

Do you want this user back in the ad network?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. No

64 vote(s)
    73.6%
  1. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow Summer, You really are Vicious ; )

SEbasic, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  2. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Shawn, I think most will agree when I say that you do have a unique viewpoint - namely a birds eye view of all that's transpired.

If you feel that a short term ban is acceptable, then hey, lets get on with it. It's good that your dilligence paid off.

I do have to make the following observation though, as both a developer, and as a member of the community..

The poll is probably the most 'democratic' way to give the community a say. And (I think) they've spoken. We all try things on at one time or another, and I'm sure as hell no angel myself. As an admin, you deal with things at your own pace, and as you deem necessary. Technically, you may have been privy to the shortcomings of the Network Management App, but that doesn't make you responsible for the actions of someone who with complete disregard for the community attempted to (either directly or indirectly) stiff each and every one of us. If you were on the receiving end of this, with the same argument, you'd no doubt cop it sweet, as I think many here would.

At the end of the day we need a healthy network - and we have one. It's continued efficiencies are based as much on your efforts as they are on the reach of the community. It's a symbiosis that we all benefit from.

I'd just hate to see Noah accidentally swallow the whale is all.. :)

john_loch, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  3. Sorvoja

Sorvoja Don't hide my ads!

Best Answers:
    I agree, Shawn asked for a vote and he should follow the majoity of the votes. Personally I would let the offender back into the network, but then again a vote is a vote.

Sorvoja, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  4. Sven

Sven Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyones mind is made up prior to hearing anything I've got to say, but if you'll listen.

The *only* things similiar about the accounts (which I've openly admitted from day one, hey the truth prevails right?)

1) The passwords were the same.
    2) The ip was the same (we work from the same offices)

The email addresses were NOT the same or even similiar. The content of the ads was similiar but pointed to seperate urls.

Sven, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    The emails were similiar... They were both going to someone that "love" in the address...

Seeing how that is your name, it seems suspicious.

SEbasic, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  6. Sven

Sven Peon

Best Answers:
    Answering all three of you: The whole vote was over before anyone heard what I had to say.

In my eye Shawn made a assumption and posted based on what he assumed, I can see how it looked from his POV but I'm saying it's wrong.

Innocent until proven guilty? No-one can prove I'm guilty, although I'll admit I cannot *prove* I'm innocent.

Shawn has unforunatly deleted the information. My email address is indeed the 'love' one (two varients, one for my home address and one for my work one). The email address used for the naughty account wasn't mine or anything like mine.

Sven, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  7. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    The other was a gmail account to mrlove (Or something like that anyway)...

Why would "andrew" happen to share the "love" part in the emails?

I appreciate your precidimant...

Personally, I think you ahould be forced to display the ads on your site for 6-8 weeks with little/no benefit from the network.

After that time, I would let you back in (personally)...

SEbasic, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  8. Sven

Sven Peon

Best Answers:
    No,

The gmail account is one I use for personal emails

The other 'love' account is one I use for work.

I'm saying the email address used on the naughty account was neither of these addresses.

Sven, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  9. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Then how would Shawn have had a record of them?

SEbasic, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  10. Sven

Sven Peon

Best Answers:
    Because they were used for my genuine legitimate accounts. In fact sorry I'm wrong, he's only got the gmail one from my forum account I beleive.

Sven, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  11. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    is this still going on....?

leeds1, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  12. Sven

Sven Peon

Best Answers:
    :(

I've been wronged. Put yourself in my shoes, even if you don't beleive me, how would you feel?

Some pratt walks up and spoils something I've been a part of pretty much since it began!

Sven, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  13. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    well the thing is; it's a free network. Like Google, you have no rights at all. Go and try something else.

leeds1, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  14. Sven

Sven Peon

Best Answers:
    So you're saying even if I'm right, and it's correct that this is nothing to do with me then you don't care and I should be banned?

:mad:

Sven, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  15. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems pretty harsh!

I'd give the man another chance - but keep your hawk eye on him! :eek:

DangerMouse, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  16. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Fira, I read 2 or 3 pages of this nonsense BEFORE I voted. Read what Shawn said and your reaction. The email addresses were similar. So, either you were FRAMED by your boy at work (in which case you should serve him with a royal A$$ beating) or you are involved in an attempt to defeat the system. The fact that Shawn caught it before it went live is irrelevant to me.

Let's move on.

chachi, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  17. Sven

Sven Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't be 1000000% certain because I'm at the peril of someone else. He swears and swears and swears that he signed up with his email address (why would he signup with mine?)
    Please.

Sven, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  18. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Problem is; the Coop network is free. DP shouldn't have to monitor it to see if people are scamming the system (its not like he makes money from it). If he finds someone who is abusing it somehow; he should just cut them off. Serve as an example to others; if nothing else.

lorien1973, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  19. Sven

Sven Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok fine. But I haven't abused or scammed the system.

Sven, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  20. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm not going to argue with you, maybe you are innocent, but the evidence makes it really suspicious and I am inclided to believe you are guilty. That said, maybe you really are sorry and you have decided to change your ways.

I vote for a punishment (whatever Shawn chooses is fine) and then a second chance. In this world, I think we do need second chances from time to time. Although I may never have considered doing what he did, I have been grateful for second chances. JMO.

exam, Oct 27, 2004 IP