1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

vmware in windows

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by mascix, Oct 9, 2009.

I am trying to reach internet from vmware server.

I have windows 2008 web edition and somehow I decided to install vmware on it to do some stuff under linux. anyways I am looking for way to reach internet under linux under vmware.

I tried NAT and linux can actually connect to internet but its ip was 192.168.153.2 and that was not a real ip. I like to put linux with some ip into the internet from vmware.

is that possible and are there any tutorial for this ?

mascix, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  2. Natashalein

Natashalein Peon

Best Answers:
    Just choose another listed network adapter of your main ip adress.If that does not work contact me i got some experience with vmware.

Natashalein, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  3. darkdrgn2k

darkdrgn2k Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you select the correct network

If your running Windows it should be very ez there are 3 types

BRIDGED -> this is prbobably the one you want its as if you had a nother machien connected directly to your switch/router

NATTED -> this is as if your computer was a switch/BRIDGE and the VMware connected directly to it. All vmwares can see each other and your network but your network cannot see teh VMWares. GReat if you cannot assign a networok IP on your network and have to "share" the computer's ip.

Private IP -> this is a 1 on 1 connection between your computer and teh VMWARE. definatly not the oen you want.

In linux you hve to run vmware config to setup these networks

darkdrgn2k, Oct 22, 2009 IP