1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vista Is Much Better...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jagjeetsingh, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Gnarfard

Gnarfard Peon

Best Answers:
    I think XP is better, but I had ME for ages so I felt I needed to jump to the newest one Microsoft had released.

I think Vista is too cluttered, and the sidebar is all messed up for me, and there's always like 4 popups in the beginning when you start the computer...

Microsoft Millennium Edition blows btw :p

Gnarfard, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  2. so.ray2000

so.ray2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    i am still using XP SP2, will skip VISTA and go direct to Window7

so.ray2000, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  3. computer lover

computer lover Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO the only advantage of vista over xp is that vista is newer version of MS Operating System

computer lover, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  4. !nfamous

!nfamous Banned

Best Answers:
    They both have there pros in cons so i don't know but when i had Vista i didn't have any problem with it.

!nfamous, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  5. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    XP is better than vista, XP has less bugs and it functions better
    than vista.

kingofsanda, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  6. stompergames

stompergames Peon

Best Answers:
    Those are some unfounded words. Vista is, as of right now, more secure than XP. Neither Vista nor XP are known to have more or less bugs than each other. The only problems you could run into with Vista are compatibility issues with drivers and occasionally software, though those are getting ironed out pretty well, and are NOT in fact a problem with Microsoft, but with the software producers (mainly the driver creators).

stompergames, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  7. Social.Network

Social.Network Member

Best Answers:
    Am I the only member tired of the XP versus Vista threads and polls? OEM vendors provide XP downgrade options for a reason. Also, I am a consultant and every organization I have worked for in the past year and a half uses XP Pro. This is no coincidence and I work for a Microsoft Global Partner and we use XP Pro across the company.

Social.Network, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  8. sanokser

sanokser Peon

Best Answers:
    Id skip vista, and wait for newer windows version IMHO, vista just not working well as XP does, requires much space/resources , drivers... Ive got a computer that can run vista very well, although i just dont see any reason to go there, more secure than XP? yeah right for like next half year maybe, besides security comes with software installed, and you can install the same software on XP as you can do it on vista...
    Dont like the XP look? You can always download vista theme too...
    What else there on VISTA better than XP? Of cource im not forcing anyone to use XP over vista, its just self preference and facts that keep people using what they want.

Only people i see that should go to VISTA is heavy gamers cause of the directx10 support, but than again a very strong machine must be as well purchased, i mean newer games like Crysis have the dx10 option , but what graphic cards would actually run these options? 9800gtx x2?

sanokser, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  9. stompergames

stompergames Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I use XP and don't plan on buying any new Windows until Windows 7, if that's any good. If its another Vista (which in this case, means its so-so, slight improvement).. hell I may dual boot linux and xp, for the games mostly.

I agree, there is no outstanding reason to purchase Vista over XP. Hell, Directx 10 seems to be a fluke, as most games that have both look almost as good in DX9 while performing much better.

stompergames, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  10. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Windows Vista is better when it comes to GUI... but its not as responsive as XP...

Minterest, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  11. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    Regardless if the forum is right, this question has been asked and answered a thousand times.

Last I read was something about saying Vista is good for the blind, did you get it? :D

Trusted Writer, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  12. Qtac

Qtac Peon

Best Answers:
    Working in development our team have had no end of problems with Vista - yes it's more secure, but that's because it won't let you do anything!!!

Qtac, Aug 13, 2008 IP