1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Visitors think my page is sketchy

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by aaron2100, Nov 25, 2014.

Hi, I finished my landing page and showed it about 10-15 people to get some idea of how people would perceive it before launching. The responses were that it looked fishy, would lead to viruses, not legit. I know what a landing page is and I'm not scared of them, but apparently other people are. I'm looking for some ideas to help me make my landing page attractive to visitors. The autoresponder is not functional atm. Thanks for any constructive input!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    aaron2100, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  2. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    way too basic, some more designing is needed, however text is clear and we know what is it about.

IG2010, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, I can see where they are coming from

https://cloudup.com/idv9d790WDu

If my son asked me if he could put his email address in and get the free report I'd say no. In my screenshot I've put some comments but I'd probably recommend a different approach.

The whole idea is to get people on your opt in newsletter list, right?
    How about you post blog entries and let people know about the content you lock down for your subscribers - and post the really good stuff for them?

sarahk, Nov 25, 2014 IP
    Arick unirow and IG2010 like this.
  4. WLEadmin

WLEadmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's sketchy. :)

The text is badly laid out (presumably simple so that it wraps on any device, but it still looks bad). Your capitalisation and lack of space after hyphens (which should probably be bullets) is off.

IMHO, your sentences are too long: landing pages of this type work on a "bam-bam-bam!" setup, where you need to hit targets (usually emotional triggers) one after the other, in quick succession. Since you're not trying to get them to read ten pages of text (a completely different style of lander), you need to knock down the targets very quickly - all those "do this and do this because of this so you can do this" sentences need to be "learn to do this!", "learn to do this!", "learn to do this!". Don't forget, your target market is gamers: yes, lots of them have great attention/concentration spans, but a lot are teenagers who won't get beyond the third word in a phrase unless it's "boobs".

(apologies for gender/gamer stereotyping to get the point across)

And since a picture is worth 1,000 words, your page isn't worth any. There's nothing to GRAB the reader's attention - they'll arrive on the page and it looks like a page out of a book, rather than an advertisement.

My 2c.

WLEadmin, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  5. aaron2100

aaron2100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all very much for your input. I'm considering just leaving the headline and replacing all the text with a video of me talking about what the site and free report are all about. I may go ahead and have a logo made as well to make it look "branded" and safer.

Blog is in the works as well. I'll reply here when I've made changes.

aaron2100, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  6. WLEadmin

WLEadmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be very careful with that. Depending on how you intend to use the page, you could be cutting off most of your interest. For example, if you're going to put the URL on traffic exchanges and other, similar sites, people will arrive, click once to pause the video (or not click it if it doesn't auto-start) and wait for the timer to end. It's a LOT easier to ignore a video than it is to ignore a bit of text - the brain automatically reads the text when it appears, which it doesn't do with video.

I know a lot of people have great success with video marketing, but I suspect they have targetted traffic - i.e. people who are intrinsically interested before they arrive on the page, rather than passers-by who they're trying to grab.

Just a thought. I guess it all comes down to audience targetting in the end![/QUOTE]

WLEadmin, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  7. Octerpus

Octerpus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I really like it , PM me the plugin - I will road test for you !

Octerpus, Dec 15, 2014 IP
  8. .RT

.RT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd never input my email in such sites, they always look fishy.

.RT, Dec 18, 2014 IP
  9. Infoterial

Infoterial Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMO it's too plain. Add a graphic, clean up the text, and hit the main points. Simple is good, but being to simple is also not. Are you using a plugin or software to create the landing page? You might try one if not. I can always point you to some if needed.

Infoterial, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  10. ArgieAff

ArgieAff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree that it's too plain. Nothing really stands out, looking confusing, and I feel that visitors will turn away immediately after looking at the page

ArgieAff, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  11. Googma

Googma Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is looking good and attractive. Your Site's SEO - PR 1, Alexa Rank 765000.

Googma, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  12. 01123581321345589144

01123581321345589144 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Clean up your graphic, the header. That's what looks "sketchy"; then there's the fact that the site itself is too simple looking (which has been said on this forum already). Like you just used the default formatting and everything for some theme on wordpress. That's okay sometimes but make it more inviting, personalized and personable. Good luck :)

01123581321345589144, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  13. Thapainfo

Thapainfo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you have make your site responsive.

Thapainfo, Jan 11, 2015 IP
  14. aaron2100

aaron2100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I would like to edit out my url from my first post in this thread as this page is showing up in google when I search my business name and it makes me look amateurish. I clicked the edit button but no ability to edit came up. Thanks.

aaron2100, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  15. aaron2100

aaron2100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, well it just now worked. Admin, you are welcome to delete this thread. I have majorly updated my site and this question is no longer relevant. Thanks a bunch for all the suggestions!

aaron2100, Jan 13, 2015 IP