1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Virus/Malware: When I Click Link in Google Search Engine, It Takes Me SomeWhere Else

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jakeyt, Apr 10, 2010.

So when I search something in Google, when I click the link it takes me somewhere else. Typically it takes me to some ad type search, and if I click the link 4 times or so, i can get where I want.

I have ran a multiple of anti-Virus/Malware programs and no success.

Lately my IE browser has been crashing. Malwarebytes recommend removing file mhn.dll which I did. Not sure if that's a problem.

jakeyt, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  2. Dave 2012

Dave 2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you are actually browsing Google.com and not some other fake site that's using Google custom search. Then try it on a different browser. It could just be an IE exploit.

Dave 2012, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  3. jakeyt

jakeyt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, I go to google's main page. I also have the problem at yahoo.com, etc. All search engines. Also, I notice my browser movies much slower than normal. Which I imagine has something to do with it.
    When I ran malwarebytes, I did pick up 15 trojans, but the problem still persists.

jakeyt, Apr 10, 2010 IP