1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Viral System For Getting Twitter Followers - Anyone Tried It?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by shamus, Feb 11, 2009.

So a friend of mine recently sent out an email announcing an awesome new viral system, which is totally whitehat, that in theory will get you thousands of followers on Twitter through a viral method.

The link is in my signature, and although it's my referral link, it's not an affiliate link. This is a totally free system, and supposedly it's supposed to work pretty darn well.

I just signed up tonight, so I'll report back to you when I start seeing results.

I'm testing it on a brand new Twitter account (I only had 5 followers) so I'll be able to see its effectiveness. I would seriously love to get thousands of followers without any effort...so I'm giving it a fair chance.

Anyway, has anyone else heard of it? Had any luck? It seems pretty new, so I'm assuming not everyone knows much about it yet.

While we're on this subject, does anyone else have any tips for getting more followers on Twitter (besides following thousands of people?)

shamus, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  2. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if I want to put my password in that page is the only thing stopping me from using it.
    Plus I already got an annoying email asking me to check it out from an article directory, which I had never asked to receive emails ;)

Brandon Sheley, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  3. atniz

atniz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have just registered to the site and posted in my tiwtter too. Also, posted in my blog sidebar. Currently, I have 204 follow with 2-5 new followers each day. Hope to get more than this number. Keep update any new stuff.

atniz, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  4. lokielookies

lokielookies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First, I think it's a great idea he's come up with. Simple, but great!

I signed up yesterday, and my number of new followers has already gone up.

This system is not new - it has proven it's value in the past.

I only wonder if this is the way to get ‘active’ followers that will stay, instead of unfollowing instantly. But then again, that’s the question you need to ask yourself with every new follower. Getting their attention, that’s what it is all about, isn’t it!

(Read my full review at my blog)

lokielookies, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  5. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of people had that initial concern, but seriously, he wouldn't be so public with his details and personal life if he was storing passwords. He also took a screen shot of the database, and it doesn't collect the password - it's just a one time use to get the tweet started.

It's spreading like wildfire though...will be interesting to see what happens.

shamus, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  6. brainpower

brainpower Peon

Best Answers:
    for those using 'bot' type programs to build their networks.... remember its quality of followers here.

Unlike myspace, to be succesful with twitter comes the ability to target NICHE users with a mix of good content/links & promotion..... but these programs do make things alot easier, just dont forget the niche aspect.

brainpower, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  7. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I've yet to see this magic account that has 20k followers ;)
    I would say it's helping the site owner far more than any of the end users
    for kicks I'll try it out on one of my accounts.. it has 69 followers right now

Brandon Sheley, Feb 12, 2009 IP