1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VigLinks vs Adsense

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Gomar, Jun 13, 2014.

I realized that dp uses both VigLinks and inline Adsense Ads. Do you guys uses it and if so do you prefer one over the other? Currently, I am contemplating VigLinks and maybe Adsense for footer or something. I find Adsense inline text is a little too distracting.

Gomar, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Jun 21, 2014 IP
  3. HostDash

HostDash Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Experiment. Try different ad formats and even companies to see which one works best for you. Keep playing until you find the right formula and then use that :).

HostDash, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  4. Vrindavan

Vrindavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Problem about Viglink Policy

Accepts Traffic From These Locations
    Viglink allows merchants to limit "affiliate or not affiliate" for different country Viglink traffic.
    The problem happens because merchants' Viglink geo filter setting does not match their overseas shipping policy.

Under the current system , affiliates can lose transactions unchecked for commission .
    For examples, the merchant offers international shipping, but accept viglink traffic from only US,
    the merchant still get ALL FREE viglink traffic from affiliate, but the merchant no need to pay affiliate if it is non-US purchase.

Many shoppers from non-US use US address third party to shop online now,
    and they will not be count because the order is from non-US locations .

And I saw cases "Accept Traffic from US, Canada, Mexico, UK"
    but the merchant clearly states they can only deliver to US address only , not Canada, not Mexico, not UK.

Viglink is not a banner network pay by ad view ,
    Viglink is using affiliate marketing , pay by actual shopper's transaction .
    Geo filtering make the merchants in advantage for FREE TRAFFIC without the need to pay for the affiliates.

Solution:
    Sign up their affiliate program directly from the affiliate network they use and get paid for all traffic.

Vrindavan, Aug 30, 2015 IP
  5. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've once used viglinks and it pisses my users due to it lead somewhere they don't expect and when they realize its an add, they feel like they've been tricked.

one user even curse the staff on the chat box.

etc, Sep 17, 2015 IP