1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VideoGameDeals.com $500 month income PR5 AWS

Discussion in 'Sites' started by RectangleMan, Jul 16, 2005.

I have finally decided to sell this again. For a long time this was my video game retail site. I used to make 20-50k a month in sales and actually do full product fullfillment. However in January I sold my retail store and moved to Las Vegas. I closed the site for any orders. It sat for about 3 months while I settled in. I made some inquiries to sell it but of course no one here wants to deal with product (neither do I really). So I retooled the site with a custom AWS script that I own. I run the same script at GamerStop.com and I just took the files and moved them over to VGD. Immediately I saw great income via Amazon and also Google.

So now I am looking to sell again. I want mid-high $xxxx offers for this. I think it could possibly be a $xx,xxx site due to name and income.

http://videogamedeals.com/webstat/

If you look at stats you will see that about 3 months ago the site was only getting 500 uniques a day...that's not true. Those are the Gamerstop stats when I moved the site files I forgot to not overwrite the stats. VGD has always gotten 2-5k daily uniques for a couple years now.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9205/googlevgd7en.gif

Here is this months adsense so far. Very respectable and slowly rising. I also always do a lot more traffic for xmas period.

Doman Expiration date: 08 May 2008

Now the Amazon AWS script is GREAT. It requires NO WORK AT ALL. However I am only selling the script with a single site license with NO RESALE RIGHTS. If you sell the domain you may sell it with the script provided you agree to also turn over your rights to the new owner. The new owner must also agree to these same terms. I won't have this script spread all over kingdom come ruining it's wonderful ability to make me money. :)
    The site takes up just a couple megs and is 20 files or less. It requires mod_rewrite to create the dynamic pages that appear static.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6986/amazonvgd5ag.gif
    This month I have made $115 so far. Look at the conversion rate...it's excellent.

VGD is a PR5 site on www.videogamedeals.com

Marketleap screenshot here show Link Popularity:
    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8845/marketleaplpvgd2vd.gif

And for Search Engine Saturation:
    http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1889/marketleapsesvgd8tr.gif

VGD is ranked #1 in google for "Video game deals" even without the quotes.

Any questions please feel free to ask. I think escrow would be best (split fees) for this name unless you are one of the domain top dogs. You know who you are. :)

Let's me start my saying any offers below $4k will not be replied to.

I reserve the right NOT to sell unless I feel comfortable with the price and the buyer.

If you need references because I am new here please PM me. I am fairly well known at other domainer sites under this same username. I am just a new member here not to the game (pun intended).

RectangleMan, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll backup Labrocca, know him from many forums and a great guy to deal with.

fryman, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  3. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nice mod rewrite on the site ;)

Can you show previous month's earnings?
    What other terms does this site rank for to bring in that amount of traffic?
    Do you have paid backlinks for the site?
    Are you interested in selling just the script?

yo-yo, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  4. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can sell copies of the script but you have to PM me to discuss this. Don't bother if you don't have $xxx to offer me. I have sold a couple clones for up to $600.

I was forced to change Google Adsense accounts at the beginning of the month because I no longer wanted to be incorporated. Google told me that I had to close that account and open a new one...kinda stank I had to change ALL my site codes for dozens of sites.

Amazon did allow me to change the name of recipient so I didn't have to do the same with them.

Amazon June Profits:
    http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/2658/amazonjunevgd6cs.gif

You can see the consistency. Also it's been on the rise. I am selling this on an upturn in traffic and sales not in a downturn like most people. If you look at the traffic stats at my site you can see that the May to June to July there is a steady increase in traffic. I expect the site could do $1000-$1500 for a single month very soon. The site is PR5 and you could easily sell links. There are 11,000 pages in google.

I do not do any paid advertising. My stats are listed in original post for you to analyze.

RectangleMan, Jul 17, 2005 IP
  5. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    labrocca,

Help me understand...$5-10 a day for Adsense and a total Amazon profit for June of $10.

And you want in the thousands of dollars? I'm not trying to sound negative, just looking for some price justification (which obviously you don't have to do if you don't want to).

Thanks.

AfterHim.com, Jul 17, 2005 IP
    dkalweit likes this.
  6. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    its well worth it. I have been debating to put in a offer. Honestly I dont think its cool you try to crap on his thread.

Shoemoney, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  7. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Labrocca is a veteran in the website buying-selling game and knows what a site is worth... I agree with Shoemoney and wish I had the cash for this. When Labrocca sells a site you should really pay attention, his sites are gold...

fryman, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  8. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I wasn't trying to crap on his thread, I was asking him why he was asking between 50 and 100 times the monthly income.

I was only looking for an explanation, not a comment from anyone else.

AfterHim.com, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  9. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Learn some math. If he is earning 10 buck per day then it is $300 per month, or $3600 per year. add the amazon earnings and he is asking for more or less 12 months income.

fryman, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

And you should learn some manners. :rolleyes:

Crazy_Rob, Jul 18, 2005 IP
    dkalweit likes this.
  11. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    lol, sorry, don't like people questioning this guy with nonsense, he is a very good seller.

fryman, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  12. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I offer 2500.

I know its below your asking but just throwing it out there. Dont know if I dont ask.

Shoemoney, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  13. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How did you get a total amazon profit of $10 for June???

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6785/amazonjune2hp.gif

Here is a shot with $228 for my June total. To be fair that includes another channel and that's why I didn't post the original screenshot. I would estimate judging by the income when I did switch the channel that conservatively it's $150-$175 from VGD.

So let's do that math shall we.

$6 a day from Adsense
    $7 a day from Amazon
    ==================
    $13 a day
    x 365 days a year
    =================
    $4745

Note that this is JULY and lots of people are complaining about poor AWS income or low CPM for Adsense. This is a videogame property which normally doubles or even triples for the holiday season. Here we are Late July...we have about 4 months before Holidays begin.

For the $2500 I will keep it Shoemoney. I have had this site a while and wouldn't just give it away for a few months income. Also I have had interest for my old VGD site and someone to do product fulfillment. I want $12k for that. It's well worth it since you can recover your investment within 12 months and you don't rely on AWS or even google for that matter but my old VGD site did very well in Google. I was in Froogle top results for lots of items and had a few hundred original reader reviews.

Anyways thanks for the interest. I wouldn't consider selling for less that $4k. $2500 just isn't close enough to even make me itch. Part of the reason I am selling is because I spent $3k this past few days and I want to flush my capital a little more.

RectangleMan, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  14. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  15. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ok thanks anyway and good luck

btw - the reason I offered so much less is because it looks like most of your "uniques" are from search engines and also your getting hammered pretty good from images.google.com.

Well actually all the visitors in every stat on your site is automated robots or search engines... I am not real big on that. I have a little better amazon script that has more search engine friendly urls and meta tags I wrote so dont really place a value on that.

I take your income with a grain of salt really...

The links from that site, site wide to me are worth about 2000-3000... thats what I spend anyway on similar sites with similar content. That is why I offered what I did.

So really im placing a value of it much higher then what your asking. I just have alot of the resources already your offering.

Again good luck.

Shoemoney, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  16. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll offer 3,000 and like Shoemoney said, if you don't ask you don't get :)

dct, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  17. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will consider your offer DCT as high offer but I did say this in my OP.

18. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sure, totally understand, I'll wait and see how it develops. Hope it's not because you're uncomfortable with the buyer :)

dct, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  19. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    SSSSSSSOOLLLDDDD

Sorry guys it's gone. Paid and transferred.

Thanks for showing interest. Remember you snooze you lose.

20. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    congrats to the new owner. I should have fricking paid 4k for it. (Bangs head on table)

raaaaaaaaaaaar stupid ocd

Shoemoney, Jul 20, 2005 IP