1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Video: Michael Scheuer says "ISRAEL is not worth a single american life or dollar"

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ablaye, Sep 24, 2007.

1. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lorien1973, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  2. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    HOLY SHIET!

When did they incorporate the Posse Comitatus Act into the Constitution??

Also what part of the Posse Comitatus Act keeps US forces from performing military duties on US soil??

And where was the Posse Comitatus Act during the Katrina hurricane disaster where the military was used to police the area?

akula, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  3. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From the source: "It generally prohibits Federal military personnel and units of the United States National Guard under Federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress."

The Constitution, right in the Preamble, authorizes the US government to provide for a strong defense. Also, it appears the majority of the act you listed serves to stop the army from being used as a police force, certainly not as border control. Are you honestly suggesting that firstly, by a strong defense, the government is not authorized to protect our borders, and secondly, that this act seeks to prevent them from being used in such a manner?

omgitsfletch, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  4. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Are you retarded? Part 1
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_Congress
    Are you retarded? Part 2
    Are you retarded? Part three.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina#Government_response
    National guard are commanded by the states. They -can- operate within the borders of the country, but they are not meant for police or long term duties.

5. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you pretty much answered questions 2 and 3.......now dammit, I must have an out-of-date Constitution because mine does not show the inclusion of the Posse Comitatus Act.

Anyone with an up-to-date one that does??

akula, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  6. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    akula, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  7. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Where did I say that government is not allowed to protect our borders. Our border mess is purely a function of will. The government didn't properly fund immigration bills in 1966 or 1986 (dates approximate). The government can create branches (immigration, etc) that can control the borders, but using the military for this is unconstitutional - unless you believe that we need martial law. Do you believe this?

Read the act. Don't go by a summary. If you are -genuinely- curious please read up on the history of the bill. The Whiskey Rebellion is a good start.

8. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Your ignorance is flowing in droves isn't it? I'll post again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_Congress

Please put forth the effort to read a little bit this time?

9. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a link to wikipedia, not the Constitution of the United States of America.

Here show me here is a copy........Thanks

akula, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  10. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    and the rest

akula, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  11. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Akula, you have to read that link. An Act of Congress can pass as long as it extends and defines the language of the Constitution. It must be empowered by the Constitution to stand. So debate whether the Constitution authorizes the act, not what an Act of Congress is.

12. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    Just because an act depends on a article in the Constitution does not mean that act has its power granted by the Constitution. I understand the Posse Comitatus Act. I also understand that it does not derive its power from the Constitution. I also understand that it is routinely ignored(and no I am not talking about Katrina).....

akula, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  13. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    These are good points. Overall I don't think this Act alone makes using the military for border control unconstitutional, since the Constitution provides for a strong defense, and since I believe there is a distinction between law enforcement and border officers.

Law enforcement has a duty to uphold law and order in our country. US Customs officials duty is to guard the boundaries of our country and what comes into it. Hell, at worst, we can use the military 10 feet into Canada and Mexico to guard our borders, and then they are not on U.S. soil and not subject to this silly stretch of an act basically forbiding martial law. That is one foreign invasion I could support :-p

14. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Acts define how the constitutional powers are used. Did you need more help here?

When has it been disobeyed? so you believe posse comitatus is unconstitutional. That's an argument I'd love to hear explained ;)

15. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    Then how does it derive its powers from the Constitution? That is your claim and you have yet to explain that. You have however linked wikipedia to try and show how Posse Comitatus Act can be suspended. Was that your point you made earlier?

Funny I get called retarded from someone infinitely confused.

akula, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  16. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    You are just trying to be stupid now, aren't you, akula?

If you need further help, please sign up for an american government class. Some middle school teacher will be happy to explain it all to you.

Who is confused again? You've gone from a guy who wants israel destroyed to a guy who doesn't understand the constitution of this country in about 2 pages. I'd say that qualifies you as retarded, doesn't it?

You aren't even discussing anything anymore; just wasting everyone's time here.

17. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Patiently awaiting lorien's response to this. I'm interested in your interpretation.

18. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    You really need to figure out what granting power really is. But I see you are pulling out the old tricks again of "you back terrist....and Iran...and other bad people". I guess when you have nothing else, try what has worked in the past. You are right, this is a waste of time because the ignorance on this board is beyond repair.

akula, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  19. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    I thought the post was a joke.

You expected me to respond favorably to invading canada and mexico? I'm against military usage inside this country for many reasons.

But, for this purpose:

The military's job is to kill people and break things. The military does not, historically, do a good job when they have their hands tied by civilians (hence problems in some of our more recent military conflicts). They need to do their job and get out. The military is extremely expensive to keep up and running. Their job is to defend the country from the outside (armed conflict), not guys running across the border with kids.

The act specifically states that military cannot be used inside the borders without cause (insurrection or invasion). The customs/immigration dept is tasked with the job of defending our borders. given proper funding and manpower, they can do their job just fine. As I said, this is a problem of will. The congress/president (past and present) have not properly funded them. Fund them and man them and the problem is solved. why are you so interested in a military solution here?

I'm surprised that people who claim to be libertarians would actually, in any way, support the federal government marching into states with the military enforcing the law. This goes against every notion of federalism. You may as well support martial law to make it totally legitimate. Criminies.

20. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats gtech in a nutshell.

login, Sep 25, 2007 IP