1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Video Game News Authority Website - Featured in Popular News Apps - Has Traffic!!!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by cronik, May 5, 2015.

Why are you selling this site?
    I honestly do not want to sell this website. I would love if someone would be interested in paying for a 50% stake in the site so I'm not in this alone, but I will sell it as I do not think I will find someone to help me like that.

The website is full of unique content and I have been trying to keep it updated as often as possible. The news post show up immediately in Google and on NewsFusion's Video Game News app. So, once a post is made the traffic comes immediately after. It is getting Google traffic as well, so its not all referral, a huge portion of it is organic search engine traffic.

I worked over 40 hours a week on this site for months, both on-side and off-site.

How is it monetized?
    Right now there are Google ads on the site, I just recently put two other ad blocks on the post page as there was only one ad per page. I have been focused on getting traffic and growing my audience.

Does this site come with any social media accounts?
    Yes, of course! There are two big profiles - a Google Plus Page and a Twitter account. The Twitter is automatically updated and I usually share the news post in the Gaming group on G+, which always brings in more traffic and followers.

How much time does this site take to run?
    This is the kind of website that will make money if you have either the money or time to put into it. It needs posts on a regular basis to keep up with IGN, GameSpot and other video game news sources. My articles often outrank these large competitors in News Fusion's app and my traffic spikes when certain topics are discussed (Halo 5, CoD, etc).

What challenges are there with running this site?
    For me, it has been time. I can write posts all day and I truly enjoy it (which is why I would love if someone wanted to buy a 50% stake in my site so I can focus on posting and we can share revenue as it grows), but it's very time consuming.

It's really not much of a challenge and it's already doing great in the search engines for such a new website. I wanted to get it featured in Google News, Bing News and others but I do not have the time to focus on everything.

If you want to buy the entire site, or pay for half (50% equity) and split revenue, then contact me. I am interested in what people have to say about this site, I have sincerely worked my @ss off to get it where it is now and I think it has the potential to compete with the top gaming sites in the near future.

Right now it has over 60 subscribers on WordPress - over 140 posts - and it has a premium theme that I customized myself. This is perfect for someone who loves video games and can write, otherwise you will need money to run the website by hiring authors. Let me know if you're interested, I hope to get this over with...:(

cronik, May 5, 2015 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    An authority website with only a dozen or so visitors per day?

I don't think you quite understand what the term "authority" means. However, I will purchase this for $50.00, as I know exactly with this site needs.

The offer is on the table, just send me a PM if you're interested.

Matthew Sayle, May 5, 2015 IP
  3. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    dont listen to the cheapskate above he is delirious you obviously spent a lot of time and effort on the site

ill buy 50% stake now pending domain + hosting get assigned to me

otherwise will buy full
    kindly pm me with skype will add you now

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    iamalive, May 6, 2015 IP