1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ViaKlix and CC Auth Issues

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by Mia, Nov 10, 2004.

I had mentioned this problem some time ago and the ACME folks said they would fix it in a later version. I am not sure if the latest version fixed it or not, so I will ask anyway.

ViaKlik imposes stupid limits on the "Customer Code". By limits, I mean, 17 characters. Aside from the fact that 17 characters makes no mathmatical sense (its a bank thing I guess), here is where the issue lies.

The "customer code" is the "login" name from OG's perspective. So if we have a login name that is longer than 17 characters, ViaKlix will not accept it. Where does this cause problems? EVERYWHERE... Since we list our user names with a "@mia.net" on the end of them cause of our "Realms" from our VPOP providers, it is not unusual to have a long "login"/"customer code".

Number one, the morons at ViaKlix should have some intelligence built into their systems that truncates anything over/up to 17 characters so this problem does not occur. But they do not, cannot, again, are morons.. So what we need is the CC Auth to do this for us. The plugin needs to ommit any characters over 17 in length that it sends to the cc processor. This would solve the problem and would likely be a very easy/quick fix.

Next... The morons in viaklix land do not allow any longer than 30 characters in a address field. Since we have a lot of international customers, there are strange addresses, long addresses, routing codes, you name it, so it is not unusual to be over 30 characters in the address field in OG. That said (again, the idoits at viaklix could easily solve this issue), we need the CC Auth to truncate what it sends from the address field so as not to exceed 30 characters.

There are likely other fields that cause issues, but I have not run into any. The customer code has been a royal PITA for a long time now.

Again, if the current version fixes this, great.. I just need to get a copy.
    Thanx..
    -jer

Mia, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's been updated in the most recent Optigold ISP installer. ViaKlix used to allow 20 characters (which is what CCAuthorize was truncating at), but they recently changed it to 17 for whatever reason. So a CCAuthorize update was needed.

digitalpoint, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Ok, great.. Thank you!!! I guess I have to update the Web Server itself then.

Mia, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  4. aladin

aladin Peon

Best Answers:
    Im interested to know more about viaklix,can anyone help me? Is it safe?
    How to apply? Can anyone give me the sample of shop that use viaklix payment processing(powered by viaklix)
    Thanks

aladin, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  5. And43ersonD

And43ersonD Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, great.. Thank you!!! I guess I have to update the Web Server itself then.

And43ersonD, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  6. washthe2008

washthe2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot!OK!

washthe2008, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    At some point you just have to close old threads here... Otherwise you're going to get this post padding spam!

Mia, Oct 26, 2012 IP