1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Very old php site, not a CMS, price check for a php7 compatibility update

Discussion in 'Services' started by sabin, Mar 20, 2019.

Hello,

I've got an old site, to which I am sentimentally attached, however its code base is OLD. Not plain old, no, OLD, the uppercase is fully deserved. I didn't write the code base myself (I'm only the latest admin & host to date), I only have enough php skills to maintain it and perform small fixes such as the mysql --> mysqli upgrade many years ago.

At the moment, the site runs under php5.4, on a debian 7 machine, soon due to get an update to Debian 9, which will be the occasion to kiss php 5 goodbye and go for php7.
    The site is made of a few php files, not a behemoth, fortunately.

I'd like to know if some of you coders would be interested in helping with an upgrade of the site, to, specifically:
    - keep everything working as is
    - only spot the parts that aren't php7 compatible
    - and rewrite what must be rewritten to have them work on a php7 server

Honest mention: I don't promise you I'll gladly pay, this will be dependant on how much it would cost. I'm starting with a "price check", we'll talk, once you have enough information you'll give me a price, and if that's within my budget, I'll gladly let you update the site's code to modernity.

Let's talk by forum DMs, please, no skype invitations, I keep webmastering discussions inside digitalpoint.

Cheers!

sabin, Mar 20, 2019 IP
  2. ayman20068

ayman20068 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 18
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please send me a pm with more details if you still need this

Kind regards
    ayman

ayman20068, Apr 17, 2019 IP
  3. SNARKLER

SNARKLER Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There is one good company that specializes on it: here it is https://thinkmobiles.com/services/custom-software/ .

SNARKLER, Apr 22, 2019 IP
  4. sabin

sabin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    An update: the project is being handled by someone now, so, thank you, offer closed :)

Never heard of it. I'll go take a look, thank you :)

sabin, May 14, 2019 IP