1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Very New - Domain Name Value?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by xxwildchildxx, Aug 10, 2005.

First, I have to give some background. I am VERY new to this whole Domain Name/Website sort of thing. I've been lurking at these forums for a while trying to learn what I can, and just started posting recently. I'm still unsure of some terminology (PR1,2,3,4) but I think they refer to the worth of a site.

I'm not sure how kindly a "noob" will be taken to, but I'd like to receive some assistance. I own a site/domain name (www.ipodsforall.com) and I do not want to run/have the site anymore. How can I find out how much it is worth/put up for auction etc. Is "sitepoint" (which I've heard someone mention) an auction type deal for links?

I'd pretty much want to transfer the domain/site over to someone. Any help/assistance that can be provided will be appreciated.

xxwildchildxx, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    After you get enough posts you can try and sell it here in the buy/sell forums.

GuyFromChicago, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    No wonder this moron was posting all his BS all over the forums, he just wants to be able to have enough posts to sell his junk here :rolleyes:

fryman, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  4. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is why a minimum post rule doesn't always work out so well.

RectangleMan, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  5. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    PR in this context is an abbreviation of PageRank, a value Google gives to a site largely (I would say completely, but others sometimes say other factors come into play) based on the backlinks that website has. It doesn't neccesarily refer to the worth of a site, but it's reasonably safe to say that sites with a higher PageRank are also likely to attract higher bids. IMHO, the value of PageRank 1 through 4 is minimal - as on many occasions a single link can boost your site up to PR4.

norfstar, Aug 12, 2005 IP