1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

very low eCPM

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by creative_007, Feb 22, 2007.

Hi
    I am running a health site and applied the adsense code just a week back. During the 7 days, i have had over 4500 visits but next to nothing income. My eCPM rates are too low to reflect any earnings :eek:
    Of the examples that were shown on this forum, i have seen eCPM rates that are at least on a respectable level. Can any of you DP members suggest me about the tweakings that should be done so as to get at least something out of adsense?
    Regards

creative_007, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  2. johnleemk

johnleemk Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem may be placement - could you give us a link to your site? You could also try experimenting with the three most effective ad units - the 336*280, 300*250, and 160*600. My CTR went up quite a bit after I switched from leaderboards to them.

johnleemk, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  3. earticles

earticles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to have as less other links on your site as possible if you want your visitors to click ads.

earticles, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  4. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    ecpm is worthless for troubleshooting.

you need to look at the epc and the ctr to figure out what needs to be changed, and you'll need the proper channels set up to make sense of those numbers.

danimal, Feb 22, 2007 IP