1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Very Impressed with BANS

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Icedout, Oct 13, 2007.

I actually sold 2 items in a matter of the first 15 days!!!

I think it was on this site - link

Prolly not http://www.mustang-parts.org, because that site is fairly new. I just added that site to commission junction to track it.

This software has actually kept me from selling my gaming forum, adsense click through rate is horrible so now I have an alternative.

Props to you guys who made the script!

Icedout, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  2. Wulfster

Wulfster Peon

Best Answers:
    Good job! Glad someone else is seeing some success with it.

Kent

Wulfster, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  3. usedmac

usedmac Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had it going for about a week now on my site. I am happy with the results as well.

usedmac, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  4. Icedout

Icedout Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's good for forums and blogs. Especially if they have been around for awhile.

But, as a site alone, I think it takes some developing. I think my mustang-parts.org is going to take a while before I get some sales on there

I'm just glad scripts like this are out there for us webmasters that aren't big coders.

Icedout, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  5. usedmac

usedmac Peon

Best Answers:
    Icedout, how do you promote your BANS sites?

usedmac, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  6. TheMarketingMadman

TheMarketingMadman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    looks good, congratulations...

TheMarketingMadman, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  7. mighty_s

mighty_s Peon

Best Answers:
    were can u get BANS from is it free?

mighty_s, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  8. arcade32

arcade32 Peon

Best Answers:
    arcade32, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  9. Icedout

Icedout Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't promote my auction on xboxliveclans.com, it's in a wrapper from joomla - link. Xboxliveclans.com is only promoted through links, it has never been on adwords at all or any other paid advertising.

http://www.mustang-parts.org is really brand new, I only have a few backlinks.

I hear you can make some money through adwords, but I think it's too risky. I'll invest my money elsewhere.

But just because I sold 2 items in the first 15 days doesn't mean it's going to be consistent. I will see in the long run, for right now I'm happy with it. I'll try to keep you guys updated if I remember too... :)

Icedout, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  10. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    huh, not really launched my bans sites yet, but I'm hoping to see some success. The only downside is that there is a long distance between point A(customer visiting your site) to point B(customer winning bid on ebay) to actually earn a commission.

There is defintely some potential, but don't expect sales to just role in on their own. A site such as this requires very targeted traffic one way or another.

cldnails, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  11. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm considering throwing down the $97 for this, since you can use it on an unlimited # of sites. All I care about is breaking even as soon as possible. Is this thing really worth it?

Pixelrage, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  12. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a get rich quick, but if used effectively with other marketing techniques and general SEO can be effective.

cldnails, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  13. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    BANS is absolutely worth it. Even if you put the bare minimum of effort into promoting your BANS site, I can't see how you could fail to at least break even.

If you sign up with ClickBank and buy BANS thru your own affiliate link, you'll earn apx $45 commission - effectively knocking 50% off the price of buying BANS.

Kerosene, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  14. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips!

--this is a great idea! I think I'll try that route.

Pixelrage, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  15. drewbe121212

drewbe121212 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I made two sales within the first week of it being up, but it has been quiet the last 2 weeks. Though I have done absolute minimal promotion to it so far. I really need to get it submitted to a bunch of high PR directories and relevant sites. That will be the true test.

drewbe121212, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  16. Bearded

Bearded Peon

Best Answers:
    Just be aware that you shouldn't do this unless you're going to actually start promoting CB products. They require 5 sales with different cc numbers (paypal doesn't count) before they'll pay you. They do this so one-time buyers can't buy something through their own link and get paid.

I did it this way, but it took me almost a dozen affiliate sales to get a paycheck from them. It's not easy. Everyone uses paypal.

Bearded, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  17. grwolz

grwolz Guest

Best Answers:
    I put up 4 BANS stores this week. Stated a new Yahoo PPC account to get $100 free credit. Ran ands on the 4 stores until the PPC funding ran out. Average ppc was 0.10.

Total earnings for this week were $400! eBay sign ups give $25 a pop and I manged to get 1-2 for every 1000 impressions. Add on the normal sales and I was in love. I actually had 10 leads! but all of them did not complete for commission.

(insert shameless plug)
    Ive even started a SEO friendly directory for outlet shopping just to help promote my BANS sites. You can find details in this post showthread.php?t=517091 (not enough posts for a link to a post...) PM me if you can't figure that out.
    (end shameless plug)

But really BANS is a must for everyone in the affiliate business. My results are REAL. and even after my initial PPC campaign I am still getting bookmarked traffic of about 400 impressions a day.

grwolz, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  18. richkid

richkid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There has been a lot of talk about BANs lately, I think I will have to purchase it to check it out.

richkid, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  19. scottj1

scottj1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Page is put together but keep getting the "delete install.php" message.:confused:

Any takers on this one?

scottj

P.S. I'm sure there'll be more ???'s;)

scottj1, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  20. Bearded

Bearded Peon

Best Answers:
    once it's installed, you have to delete the file install.php from the root directory on your server. There's several permissions you have to set as well. It's in the manual.

Bearded, Oct 17, 2007 IP