1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Very different results with-without trailing slash

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by stripersonline, May 31, 2004.

Very interesting results - anyone have any idea on this one?

URL - http://www.stripersonline.com - keyphrase "striped bass fishing"

Google shows #2
    Keyword Tracking shows #17 (and it's been bouncing between 16-18 on the tools for days)

Now add the trailing slash to make it http://www.stripersonline.com/ and the Keyword Tracking tool shows #2...just like Google.

I tried one other keyphrase and the results from the KW Tool and Google were the same with or without the trailing slash. I haven't tried any further phrases, thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas. Thanks.

stripersonline, May 31, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, May 31, 2004 IP
  3. stripersonline

stripersonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I didn't mean for those URL's to parse, not looking for traffic, just answers :)

4. stripersonline

stripersonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shawn. That's interesting behavior as the KW Tool was showing changes for that keyphrase - over the past week (up/down a few here/there). But always for the same page - the default index page.

Or does the KW Tool check for the highest ranked page on the domain - and just list it as the root URL? For instance, if /stuff/fishingstuff.html was #2 for the keyword and I asked the tool to track that keyword for just the root URL, would it show the page or just the root?

Thanks for your help and for your most excellent KW tool [​IMG]

5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's a pattern match, so digitalpoint.com would match anything in digitalpoint.com, or digitalpoint.com/tools/ would match anything within tools (or sub-directories), or digitalpoint.com/tools/keywords/faq.html would match just that page.

digitalpoint, May 31, 2004 IP