1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Verified Paypal But Ebay Not Lifting Limits.?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by Guitarhermit, Jan 24, 2013.

I have a verified paypal account complete with a connected bank account that I have connected to my ebay. I thought this would raise my limit to 100 items per month $5000 but nothing has changed and i'm still stuck at 10 items/$500. I would really like to get my business started as soon as I can. I've tried calling ebay at the canada phone number but for some reason all I get is an automated call saying my long distance calls aren't supported by my provider, even though I know i'm calling the canadian number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Guitarhermit, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  2. httn

httn Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need verify your id . i think will raise selling limit.

httn, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  3. Guitarhermit

Guitarhermit Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for the reply!

Would you just call up to confirm your ID or can you just send a mail? I can't seem to find specific info on their site anywhere.

Guitarhermit, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  4. Guitarhermit

Guitarhermit Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would like both your posts if I could :-[

And that's a good idea marvikand but my account is still new (almost 1 week old) with only a positive 11 for a rating so that's still relatively low according to ebay standards.

Guitarhermit, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  5. qsera

qsera Active Member

Best Answers:
    As your account is new, ebay will not raise their limit to 100 items per month. This is possible only after one month of joining the site.

qsera, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  6. falsebook

falsebook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that's worked.even i was facing same kind of issue recently.i never thought of approaching them directly.Thanks a lot man :)

falsebook, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  7. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can validate your identity but that's not a guarantee you need to call them and see what they ae willing to give you. If this is your first month then no you will not get 100 no matter what you do. to hit 100 you need to expect to spend at the max two and a half months. Ebay will not increase those limits till you can prove to them you can handle and have the product to ship and to see if you can handle it.
    I would look for the date you review is its once a month and if you have 2 weeks till then sell your first 10 items and ship them out with tracking it can be crap for a penny. after every one has received there purchase call ebay and explain your situation your distributor and your plan for growth. These guys are not business experts so you can be relaxed when you talk to them.
    They will likely give you an increase right there over the phone but it will likely only be 20 sales fill those make the remaining 10 sales with tracking and wait till your review by now it should only be a couple days away. They should have now bumped you to 40 or 50 listings per month. sell those and then call them up now they should double it but you will have to discuss with them the money limit because you may be limited to 2500 a month or paypal may put a hold on partial to ensure the customer gets there products and are satisfied.

remember you can have up to 4 seller account on 1 phone number so if your not getting what you want with 1 or 2 accounts then double up and you can make it.

kemasii, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  8. esuwito

esuwito Member

Best Answers:
    i need chinese ebay account if you hve plase contact me with your email aslo

esuwito, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  9. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    How is a Chinese account going to help you the minute you hook up your payment processor your caught and then you will have the verification process

kemasii, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  10. esuwito

esuwito Member

Best Answers:
    i need also the paypal

esuwito, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  11. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dude thats not going to ever happen you have to be verified man and if your country is not were the account is you will get flagged and then a security process will happen to ensure its not a hacked account. I am going to gather that there must be something shady going on that's why you need a chineese account why may i ask cant you just do like every one else and have your own accounts and sell in a Chinese market Why do you want to falsify your location.

kemasii, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  12. esuwito

esuwito Member

Best Answers:
    do you have this account my friend?i'm going to sell something

esuwito, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  13. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    No why do you need a foreign account and if your looking for a Chinese established seller good luck they are the manufacturing capital of eBay unless you are there with your product there not going to sell your stuff on there accounts. You would be looking better if you shoot toward japan or Taiwan to sell for you

kemasii, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  14. kriwul

kriwul Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if you want to earn extra you should try to limit gleaned positive feedback, if you have collected feddback you can request a new high limit.

but if you want an instant you can buy an account that already has a lot of limits, in my country already accounts limit to 100 items per month $ 5000 priced around $ 500

kriwul, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  15. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is the dumbest idea here ebay will catch on to it if you are a new account holder and start selling maxing the sales. Its not impossible to do but ebay does frown upon it and paypal will notice the account was owned by another individuale and place a hold on your funds. I am not saying this will always happen but it is a likely event. look you can get an account up to 100 sales with in 2 months if you are doing right. It is much more rewarding to do so because you are showing them that you can handle business and your customers. If you buy an account that is already used and built then yes they will frown on it because you have not been the one making the sales in the past and they will know because you will have to change the info and connect you paypal to it. be patient do it right and you will apreciate your time on there much more. cut corners and you will likely find your self screwed

kemasii, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  16. Shamay

Shamay Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal verification is not directly related to Ebay Seller Vetting. That is who handles raising the limits. Log onto your my ebay and click on "raise my limits" where your limits are shown towards the top of the summary page. That will bring up Ebay's number, and they will connect you to seller vetting. They are not that hard to work with usually. They want to see history, and that you are serious at being a credible seller. Also, when you have 25 completed transactions (sales) that will also help you get raised. I went from a new account to a limit of 1,000 items for $14k per month in the first 60 days but I stayed on top of them and kept pushing for increases.

Hope this helps.

Shamay, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  17. Rolas

Rolas Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to write to Ebay stuff to ask.

Rolas, Oct 17, 2013 IP