1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Veoda PPC Program

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Joel Naten, Aug 31, 2004.

Anyone tried Veoda? They claim to pay from 60-90% of revenue per click. Can anyone give me a sense of what the average pay-per-click amount is? Also, how relevant do the ads seem to be, and are the click-through rates decent?

Joel Naten, Aug 31, 2004 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The web portal is so buggy, I can't tell what my CPC is. None of the numbers in the reports actually ADD UP CORRECTLY.

I have three web sites in the system. The web sites have earned 0.491$, 0.005$, and 0.12$, for a total of $13.70. Umm... no.

On one of the web site stats pages, the subtotal is not equivalent to the total displayed. On the other two stats pages, it is.

Trying to explain to their staff that these numbers do not add up has been a painful failure.

Also, their explanations of some of the column names in the reports do not make any sense. Their help desk stated "Every time you display an Ad it is counted as one search, so that is why they are showing in your stats." That cannot possibly be true. My stats show 5 "searches" a day for one site, where I personally have seen several times that number of ads displayed on that day.

So maybe "searches" means "click throughs", right? Wrong. There is another column called "Clicks", filled with another set of totally nonsensical numbers.

I have noticed that the "Search" column numbers do not increment the "ClickRevenue" column numbers, while the "Clicks" column numbers do -- most of the time, but not always.

The ads cannot be placed nicely with CSS, because Veoda cannot control the overall size of their ad box. They allow you to control the number of characters per ad. The length of the ad box varies every time it is loaded. This makes CSS much more difficult, and it makes it a damned silly looking AdSense alternate ad replacement.

The ads are also significantly less attractive that AdSense ads, because of poor visual design. They allow advertisers to stuff too much text in an ad, which makes the ads less clickable. You are allowed the limit the amount of text in the ads you display --and the text is then truncated!.

On a more positive note, they appear to have a much larger advertiser base than Clicksor, which causes the ads to be more relevant.

Will.Spencer, Aug 31, 2004 IP
  3. Joel Naten

Joel Naten Guest

Best Answers:
    Strange that advertisers would go for a crappy service like that. Perhaps the advertisers aren't getting billed for all the traffic they are getting. Thanks for the info. I think I'll pass on them.

Joel Naten, Aug 31, 2004 IP
  4. zootreeves

zootreeves Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I joined Veoda's affiliate program and have had no problems, i was using their xml feed so maybe their 'static listings' are buggy, but as i said it worked fine for me. :)

zootreeves, Sep 13, 2004 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Veoda's web page has been down since this weekend. :(

Will.Spencer, Sep 13, 2004 IP
  6. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    I joined Veoda on a lark as an advertiser. I wanted to see how they worked in comparison to Adwords. I deposited $5 via paypal several days ago and created an ad. My ad, as far as I can tell, has not been shown and when I check my stats to see how much money I have spent, it is in the thousands of dollars. I cannot get a response from them and am worried that they are just running with the $5. I was just doing it for fun and $5 is not a big deal, but this seems really strange.

Chiara, Sep 16, 2004 IP
  7. zootreeves

zootreeves Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi again,

I contacted Veoda to see if they would respond to a question and initally they didn't.

But after 3 days i got a response back and they explained that they have been having some severe problems with a new metasearch script and so recently they have been very slow to respond to emails. I believe this is fixed now (at least it works on veoda.com).

After two days i sent them another question and they responded in 5hrs, so maybe they have sorted their act out now.

Thanks
    Ben Reeves

zootreeves, Sep 21, 2004 IP
  8. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I hope they do get their act together.

In the interim, I'm using the spammers at TargetPoint. :eek:

Will.Spencer, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  9. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I've sent them two emails now, the second one being rather angry, any they haven't responded. The first email was sent 6+ days ago. I'm going to do a chargeback with Paypal and get my stupid $5 back. What losers!

Chiara, Sep 23, 2004 IP
  10. gfan

gfan Peon

Best Answers:
    My friend said that Veoda is nearly scammer. My friend were a partner of veoda for months, and he has not recieved earning of Aug and Sept so far. Last some day he said to me that Veoda did not anwser any email excluded of the last email said " I will pay you in next 2-3 days" that send in Sept then now it was 2 months earning pile up to thousands of $ . My friend is writing email to Paypal

gfan, Oct 11, 2004 IP
  11. Quadrille

Quadrille Peon

Best Answers:
    ... In fact, he's trying to sell it on ebay.

So why is he writing here as if he's an affiliate.

Weird, huh?

Quadrille, Feb 15, 2006 IP