1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VDS/VPS security and monitoring problems

Discussion in 'Security' started by eugene2006, Nov 28, 2006.

There is VDS/VPS (VIRTUAL PRIVATE DEDICATED SERVER) 2 GHZ 1 GB RAM,
    WINDOWS 2003, APACHE 2.2.3 + PHP 5.2
    VIRTUOZZO, NO PLESK (changed to XAMPP :))

I've tried to install Antivirus DRWEB, NOD32 and many others. But all they failed to monitor on run-time.
    For now I've been using ClamAV but it does not monitor neither

Any AV that might fully work on VDS?
    ----------------------------------------
    Also my concern is hackers, DDOS, brute forcing and so on…
    Is there any Anti Hacker Software for Windows 2003?
    ----------------------------------------
    I’ve tried lots of Traffic Analyzing Software but all they failed as well since there is no hardware or virtual network card detected on Windows 2003 VDS/VPS…
    How to analyze incoming HTTP HTTPS traffic – I am really interested in what’s going on my VDS ;)

Thanks for support!

eugene2006, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  2. CodyRo

CodyRo Peon

Best Answers:
    Where I'm currently working we run Norton (I know guys, hold up) though we don't actively keep it monitoring because it hurts the system performance / nonstop false positives. I would recommend just setting up a scheduled task (see at) to scan nightly.

As for DDoS theres many articles on that subject.. I personally man the FreeBSD machines so I don't know the best route to take for the win2k3 servers.. if you want to sniff the packets (I'm not sure what you were trying to say..?) you can try something like Ethereal.. though you say you can't detect any network interfaces it might not be possible from something like that.

/endrant

CodyRo, Dec 5, 2006 IP