1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

vBulletin vs. IPB

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Pixelrage, Nov 6, 2008.

I'm in the market to create two new forums, with two great .coms - which of these two is the better choice?

I currently run one vB forum. I like vB, although the back end is a little too technical and cluttered for my taste, and it is a pain to modify. I've never tried Invision Power Board before, and wanted to know if it is any better (or any different) than vB?

If there's a service that lets you have unlimited licenses for a one time fee, that would really be great - although I doubt it exists...

Pixelrage, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  2. Pandemix

Pandemix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even though vB may seem cluttered (it did for me at first), you will get used to it in good time. vBulletin beats IPB any day not only because it has killer out of the box features, but it has more modifications, skins, and an overall better community than you will find at Invision. Just my opinion, you should probably try and look at all the 3rd party vB sites compared to the 3rd party IPB sites, and you will see what I'm talking about when I say there is a better community at vB. :)

I've used IPB in the demo, so I can't say exactly how it functions 100%. But from what I saw, vB surpasses it any day.

Pandemix, Nov 6, 2008 IP
    Pixelrage likes this.
  3. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks - I appreciate the feedback....looks like I'll stick with vB. I've been using it for many years, so it's kind of business as usual.

Pixelrage, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  4. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    yup Vb is better and better support as there are many using it,so if any problems you have many people to help

010081, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  5. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer the cleaner look of IPB.

RectangleMan, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  6. AndrewMaclean

AndrewMaclean Peon

Best Answers:
    IPB has a better design but VB has lots of functions that you will miss if using IPB.

AndrewMaclean, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  7. JackHeskett

JackHeskett Peon

Best Answers:
    The addons, skins and general extra functionality vb has compared to IPB is noticeable. Once you use vB you will never go back to IPB.

JackHeskett, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  8. Sir Rusty

Sir Rusty Guest

Best Answers:
    vBulletin is good for traffic. xD! And keeps members coming back and talking more than IPB xD!

Sir Rusty, Nov 8, 2008 IP