1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vbulletin vs Huddler

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by ~kev~, May 15, 2012.

Over the past few months I have noticed a lot of communities switching to huddler. With built in product reviews (separate from the forum), built in forums, built in articles, built in wordpress integration,,,, how does vbulletin expect to compete? From what I understand, huddler even host the forums, manages the advertising, helps with SEO and marketing,,,,.

Now that a company has come along that offers a WIDE range of features in their community software, what kind of changes can we expect to see in vbulletin?

When are we going to see wordpress integration,
    When are we going to see a built in wiki,
    When are we going to see a built in review and ratings sections,
    When are we going to see updated profiles?

Vbulletin does what its supposed to do, and that is provide a community forum. But now that more players are getting into the forum market, what kind of changes can we expect to see?

Huddler offers a well rounded community solution. What does vbulletin offer, a forum, and maybe a blog if you get vb 4.

Competition drives innovation.

Now that vbulletin has some competition, what kind of innovation are we going to see?

Is vbulletin finally going to start offering some major additions to their forum software?

~kev~, May 15, 2012 IP
  2. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Has Huddler approached you about converting Survivalist Boards? One of the guys that works for Huddler told me that they were very narrowly targeting specific markets, but when I look at their portfolio it looks really just random. Skiing, chickens, and weddings, for example. Not too targeted, if you ask me. The scary thing about Huddler is that they take total control over your site and you don't even get to ftp. I don't really see vBulletin moving toward what they're doing in a big way. Right now, they just seem to be cannibalizing popular mods from vbulletin.org and still working on fixing bugs that should have been fixed years ago. I've been looking at other solutions that do similar stuff, like Vanilla, and SocialEngine. Can't say I'm sold by either of them though each of them has some very attractive features.

petertdavis, May 17, 2012 IP
  3. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    huddler.com

petertdavis, May 17, 2012 IP