1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

vbulletin database with Biz Directory??

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by I. Brian, May 2, 2006.

I run the Platinax Directory on the bigger Biz Directory script - and the Platinax forums on vbulletin.

Ideally, I would like to have people submitting to the directory provide an email address, which would automatically sign them up to the forums.

Is this possible though? If so, just how difficult would this likely to be, as I'm going to require data entered in one form to be sent to 2 databases.

I. Brian, May 2, 2006 IP
  2. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have programming skills, it should be relatively easy but you'll need more information in order to register your users to the forum such as username and password (which you could generate yourself).

The idea is that a script will do the job to put the info into both databases which shouldn't be hard if the database is well constructed (vBulletin should be fine). You could take a look at the registration script of vBulletin and take the important parts. Copy them and study them. Check your MySQL database for the structure and give it a free try (on your own cpu if you can). Then do the same for your Biz Directory script.

tomzx, May 2, 2006 IP
  3. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a faily straightforward modification to your directory script, plugging the right details into the vB database.

exam, May 3, 2006 IP