1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vbulletin 4.0 or Vbulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Woodcs82, Dec 21, 2009.

1. eadler25

eadler25 Peon

Best Answers:
    vbulletin publishing suite is best

eadler25, Feb 20, 2010 IP
  2. Hikarin

Hikarin Peon

Best Answers:
    Firstly, I'm sorry to be replying to such an old thread and bringing it to the top for discussion again, but I found the information valid to me.

I have to say; I own vBulletin 4.11 and at first, I was annoyed because I was used to the design and layout in 3.x for a very long time. And honestly, that's what I believe was most people's problem: it was so different to vB3. I have warmed up to it now though with the newest upgrades and I think there is a great team.
    For simple mods you might need that are really good for vB4, you can download a lot for free on vbulletin.org from a particular user called Valter. Valter creates many great and simple mods which really makes a difference to the forum.
    Also, a great staff member of vB is Lynne. Lynne creates many help pages on vbulletin.org to explain to people how to create new things and implemented a new .css file into the system called additionalcss which is truly magical and invaluable for people who are all into custom designs and features etc. She's also a valuable asset to both forums (.com and .org) as she acts as support and reads thread after thread each day to help users create new code and mods they want and then push for the popular ones to be implemented in the next upgrades.

Back when I bought vB4.6 or whatever is was, I was not as pleased. Mainly, again, because of the differences. However, in 4.11 I have since changed my opinion and I think 4 is really starting to find it's place and identity with vB now. Even forums I thought would not move from vB3 have made the change to 4. It's not as bad as people said in the beginning now that it has settled down. Really.

I'm now considering purchasing the Publishing Suite and I'd like people's opinions on if they think it is worth it or not yet. I only really want it for the easy-to-manage user blogs. So, please give me any feedback so I can make a valid decision to either get it or hold off on it for a little while longer.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    Hikarin, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  3. Imposter

Imposter Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend you to buy PS. You get blogs and CMS (maybe something else what is not included in the cheaper version) + unlimited ticket support. It's worth it and you won't have to pay more in case you would want to make an upgrade in the future.

Imposter, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  4. Hikarin

Hikarin Peon

Best Answers:
    So you think it is indeed worth it now?
    With my current license (Forum Classic) I get free upgrades of vB4 until whenever. Is it the same with PS and you only have to pay for upgrades on the CMS and Blog material or would I no longer be receiving the option to download new versions free of cost?
    That's something I never saw on the information page.

Hikarin, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  5. Imposter

Imposter Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. I do not use CMS, just blogs, but I really like the unlimited ticket support (which is not included with the cheaper version).

You don't have to pay for upgrades, they are free. (But when there will be vB 5 available, I guess that everyone will pay for the upgrade)

Imposter, Jun 2, 2012 IP