1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VBSeo vs Zoints

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by eXe, Mar 21, 2007.

Please list features that one has and the other doesn't, and which one do you think is better feature-wise?

eXe, Mar 21, 2007 IP
    paidhosting likes this.
  2. jward

jward Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some vBSEO Feature Highlights
    • A fully configurable vBSEO control panel with multi-language support
    • Fully configurable URL Rewrites, with presets, URL length restriction, and advanced rel=nofollow attribute placement. The only URL Rewriting plugin that exists that fully rewrites every applicable URL, for total elimination of duplicate content, and 100% link consensus of incoming linkbacks.
    • Rewritten URLs are included in all email notifications sent from vBUlletin, and have security mechanisms built in for thread or forum URLs in private forums.
    • All URL Rewriting Settings are 100% compatible with our sitemap generator.
    • A complete 301 redirect structure so that old indexed content will be updated by Google and other search engines
    • A fully configurable and moderated Linkback system handling pingbacks, trackbacks and vBSEO's own refbacks. A complex topic. More here: http://www.vbseo.com/linkbacks/
    • Social bookmarking integration (Digg, technorati, etc)
    • Custom Rewrite Rules system, with a simple configuration interface allowing any non-vBulletin URL integrated with your forum to be written, using vBSEO's CRR syntax.
    • Custom 301 Redirects system, allowing admins to set-up custom 301 redirects whenever they move any content on their forum (vBulletin or non-vBulletin) to a new location, using a simple syntax.
    • Relevant Replacements system, allowing relevant phrases to boost onpage relevancy of your top keywords on a page by page basis, dynamically generated. (Configured within the control panel with flexible template integration)
    • Automatically use page title for links within a post (for links to internal or external pages), for more accurate anchor text.
    • Full support for non-English characters (we have customers with forums in Arabic, Chinese, Turkish, etc.)
    • Logging of Spider Activity (integration with our sitemap required
    • Automated Google Analytics integration
    • Google AdSense targeting for boosted ad revenue
    • Turn the vBulletin archive into a sitemap
    • Stopword filtering, acronym expansion, homepage aliasing, HTML code cleanup (content to code ratio boost)
    • rel=nofollow whitelisting and blacklisting
    • Footer archive links, direct category links, guest only enhancements
    • Image size attributes (dynamic application)
    There are hundreds of features/options. Please checkout the demo for a look inside:
    http://www.vbseo.com/demo/

jward, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  3. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I see VbSEO used more than zoints on many forums.

MeetHere, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  4. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    jward, can you please elaborate on the sitemap generator & adsense targetting?

Here's the thing:
    I'm going to convert my existing wowbb forum to vbulletin. So do you recommend redirecting the existing wowbb search engine friendly urls to new vbseo search engine friendly urls, or just redirect wowbb urls to vbulletin urls (as in viewtopic.php to showthread.php)? I'll add that it's the (wowbb) search engine friendly urls that are currently indexed & getting traffic.

eXe, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  5. jward

jward Active Member

Best Answers:
    AdSense targetting makes uses of Google's specification for emphasizing content used to determine ad content on the page.

Our sitemap provides the mechanism to provide all CRUs (Content Relevant URLs) to both Google and Yahoo.

You will not likely be able to do a 301 redirect from your wowbb URLs to vBSEO URLs since they will likely include keywords in the URL. If you have a method of mapping the old URLs to the new formats, directing straight to the vBSEO CRUs would be preferred. However, if you can get them to redirect to the vBulletin dynamic URLs we have auto 301s in place for the rest.

jward, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  6. Cal813

Cal813 Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL!

WOW, you guys must check DP every hr for posts reguarding vBSEO? I swear, I haven't seen one thread where you HAVEN'T posted the above.

Don't get me wrong, you guys do your job well, it's just annoying to see you post the same thing in every thread.

As for Zoints and vBSEO. I would say, go with Zoints. WHy? because it's free. Unless vBSEO decides to drop their price, I wouldn't go with them. Then again who knows, mabye someone else will come out with a cheaper SEO for vB.. then vBSEO will HAVE to drop their prices...

Cal813, Mar 22, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  7. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use zoints and combine it with your own SEO.

VBSEO is not worth the pricetag imo, use the 200$ and buy a few good backlinks.

ninjashoes, Mar 23, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  8. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it does seem like a lot of $$!

scart3r, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  9. chris20492002

chris20492002 Guest

Best Answers:
    it is a rippoff.

I know I know it will help you in search rankings but have you seen the price.

$79 max I would say is reasonable $49 would be great.

I was very interested in VBSEO but the price just dead right turned me away.

Personally from what I have read its a awesome addition for a vb forum.

chris20492002, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  10. itdevil

itdevil Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go with Zoint :) it is FREE it and good enough for board.

vBSEO is high priced, and encoded which i think make for the customers to develop/customize or hire someone to do that for them...

Also never forget vBSEO till now is forcing a copyright footer tag for all there customers, even many people are willing to pay for the copyright removal...

itdevil, Mar 23, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  11. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I requested that people list features that one has & the other doesn't and nobody seems to have said anything for zoints...

eXe, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  12. smfseo

smfseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are comparing a German shepard with a stray dog here...

There is no comparision between zoints and vbseo
    Vbseo is a 1000 timer better product and have good support behind it.Report a bug and you see some action instantly.

smfseo, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  13. Notorious

Notorious Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to see some competition for vbseo which sadly isn't there at the moment.

Notorious, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  14. Janissary

Janissary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Janissary, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  15. Cal813

Cal813 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's only a matter of time till someone like Zoints or someone else starts their own SEO for vB. If that does happen and they offer it for 50% of vBSEO's price. Then vBSEO will be in trouble, reguardless of how good their support might be.

I still think the price is unreasonable. There should never be a 3rd party modification that costs as much as the actual software. I'm hoping Zoints will improve their SEO hack. I rather pay half of what vBSEO is to Zoints to create a more enhanced SEO.

Cal813, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  16. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well as there are only about a thousand threads in my forum at this time I suppose manual redirects ARE an option. The problem is that all pages currently indexed are wowbb se friendly urls...

eXe, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  17. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure about vbseo but minstrel took the challenge of optimizing http://www.dmoz-resource-zone.com/forums/ , using Zoints, i will let him know about this thread, as he is the one incharge of the forums seo aspect as i dunno what sort of seo i could do on forums, i just know how to seo a website never done it for forums. He would be able to provide if zoints is doing good for the forums or not but his announcements at Search engine updates show that forums are doing good for keywords chosen.

paidhosting, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  18. chris20492002

chris20492002 Guest

Best Answers:
    I dont think that forum has seo url's

http://www.dmoz-resource-zone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105

he needs to enable mod rewrite in admin for seo url's. I have seen zoints in action on other forums before.

I think most people dont use zoints on a forum because they dont know about it.

the url's should looks something like this http://www.xxx.com/another_idea-t11005.html

chris20492002, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  19. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Sad, isn't it? It's like a rolling infomercial. You can't get away from it.

There IS a cheaper SEO for vBulletin - Zoints SEO. Add to that a couple of other free add-ons (see below) and NO ONE needs vBSEO.

It's actually $150 USD but you can almost buy a second vBulletin license for that - or spend it on advertising or links and you'll get a LOT more bang for your buck.

But there is: see below.

Zoints already has Zoints SEO. For free. Hence all the desperate infomercials.

What needs improving in ZOints SEO? It does what you need it to do (hint: what you need does NOT include mod_rewrite with vBulletin). Anything it doesn't do can be added with a couple of free add-ons or a little easy work on your part (see below).

The best package (free or paid, in my opinion, but this one is free) for vBulletin is Zoints SEO.

You can also set up a Google sitemaps account and then use this Sitemap Generator add-on.

For a new forum, to help with spidering, install Forum Archive List Forum Footer.

Other FREE SEO measures:
    Look at your home page, bearing in mind that all spiders can "see" and index is text. What is there on your home page to index? Fix this. Use descriptive category and forum titles - descriptive meaning SEARCH TERMS.

Then look at your category and forum descriptions. How much do you see written there for search engine spiders to index that will constitute search terms people will actually use to find your forum? Fix those descriptions.

Then use the built in vBulletin option for displaying forum descriptions at the top of the forum listing pages.

Use the options in Zoints SEO for "concentrating PageRank", optimizing page titles, and creating forum-specific meta-descriptions (and keywords if that's important to you).

There are now several other vBSEO features you can get as free add-ons if you really feel you need them - but you really don't.

minstrel, Mar 23, 2007 IP
    Lpspider, Cal813 and AbdulR like this.
  20. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Minstrel how about the fact that we can also go back to default of vb with zoints is it possible without destroying urls ? For example if u use vbseo u cannot remove it as it will make your search engine urls disappear ?

Its like ur stuck with vbseo forever is that the case for zoints also?

paidhosting, Mar 23, 2007 IP