1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VbSeo Is it Worth the Price?

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Nanofied, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Nanofied

Nanofied Guest

Best Answers:
    I installed a mod re-write, but I dont know how to do all the other features VBSeo has. Maybe I will look into it though. I got like $750 in my bank, and I could spend the money witout a doubt, but maybe I will hold off a little.

I will take your advise for the forums, and see what I can do. Usually all the time I spend is on working out bugs, and adding little features like rss on the site. I will try to mostly post on the site now, and do the link building/seo in spare time.

Thanks for the tips... I really appriciate it.

Also, anyone got some tips on getting accepted to adsense or ypn with my content?

Adsense keeps rejecting me, and YPN doesnt even respond.

Nanofied, Mar 26, 2006 IP
    tsptom likes this.
  2. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Regarding the ads, I personally would advise against adsense, YPN, and their counterparts...Forums have a notoriously low CTR and a ridiculously high # of impressions...I've always found more success in the past by creating ad locations and selling them on my own to individual advertisers.

Adsense and YPN will work, yes, but I believe custom advertising is more effective for forums. Now, getting accepted to adsense should be a breeze - I believe they accept just about all applicants. YPN is another story...a bit of luck involved there, however I do believe they are now letting current users invite others - so you might be able to ask around for an invite...Though I'd double-check this to make sure first (that they are indeed giving out invites)

GTAce, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  3. Nanofied

Nanofied Guest

Best Answers:
    Its not a breeze for me :( I have been rejected from adsense 4 times now. They dont tell me anything but that my site may have been reject because... then a list of things that aren't true on my site.

Its really frustrating.

As for custom ads, I was trying to do the adbrite thing, but I havent gotten an ad bought from me yet in 3 weeks.

Nanofied, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  4. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Adbrite is not the custom ads I am talking about. I'm talking about creating an advertise page somewhat like this - http://www.adminfusion.com/forums/advertise.php

and then posting at webmaster forums all over the place (or wherever you could find your advertisers) to get people like you and me to buy the spots.

GTAce, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  5. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What he means by custom ads, is you seeking out companies to directly advertise on your site.

I do both. I seek out paid ads and use Adsense / YPN. I would contridict GTAce's advice and tell you to use Adsense should they approve you. Yes the CTR is low but who cares, its money your not making now. I would also advice you to see private banner ads. I also sell Text ads.

YPN is in Beta still, so you may not hear from them. As far as adsense, I dont know the reasons for why they are rejecting you. best advice I have is to go down their list, make sure the problems are fixed, and reapply.

joeychgo, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  6. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Creating a community is done mostly by the owner at first .. Post and reply yourself , thats what i did , and today i have 10k members .

FireStorM, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  7. Nanofied

Nanofied Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help guys...

I am going to try submitting to adsense again after reviewing some stuff, and I got 3 advertisers for my site, and I already made like $30.

:)

Nanofied, Mar 27, 2006 IP