1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

vBadvanced CMS Question

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by dcristo, May 6, 2006.

Please post your experiences with this script. I have always wanted to make the main part of my site more integrated with my forums. Now I have converted to vB, this seems a good option. Seeming as though this script works on the homepage, is there anyway to trial it out without installing it on the index page?

dcristo, May 6, 2006 IP
  2. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I tried it out and hated it, but that's probably just a personal preference for me...I don't like portals/CMS'....vBadvanced was very bulky to me and hard to really customize how I would like it. If you're into portals and CMS', then go for it (vBa is actually both combined)

I also want to recommend vBDrupal - there is a mod for this over at vbulletin.org...It integrates vB and Drupal very well, including the theme.

GTAce, May 7, 2006 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I will be sure to checkout vBDrupal, thanks for the suggestion.

I am looking for ways to better integrate the main part of my site with vB, so I figured this may be a good solution.

dcristo, May 7, 2006 IP
  4. wisenerl

wisenerl Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on your taste, the only thing with using the VBdrupal integration is upgrades, if the creator stops supporting it and you a lot of content resting on its use then you might find your a bit stuck later.

Its the same with many mods at vbulletin.org.

wisenerl, May 15, 2006 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm pretty content with vBa so have no reason to change things, for the moment anyway.

dcristo, May 15, 2006 IP
  6. stdio

stdio Peon

Best Answers:
    I use vBadvanced for two years. I must say I like it a lot. If you want a preview, I can PM you my site.

stdio, May 15, 2006 IP