1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vastly different results in keyword searches.

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by worldpar, Aug 6, 2009.

I haven't done any keyword research in about three years, and while my old techniques are still intact, the resources have changed. Basically I'm starting over to some degree, so please bear with me.

At the moment I'm using Wordtracker (free), Trellian (free), and Google Adwords. (I like to cross check.) But I'm getting vastly different results with each. For instance when I type in the phrase "girls" the results are, Wordtracker - 49,419, Trellian - 71,702, and Google with a whopping - 83,100,000.

So my questions then are... How do I interpret this information? Which one is more reliable? And should I start a new course of action all together?

Please point me to the proper threads that will help me understand better what I'm doing. And to any websites that may help me in any way. All suggestions are welcome.
    SEMrush
    Thanks,
    Worldpar

worldpar, Aug 6, 2009 IP
    SEMrush
  2. jammoody

jammoody Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say just keep doing what you are doing by using a variety of tools, but don't take the results as fact. If keywords have a high search volume on all tools, ignore the actual numbers and just take it that its a popular phrase and work it into your site.

I think too much emphasis is put on minor details. Don't waste your time looking for the best keyword by a number, just use ones that are obviously high and are relevant to your site.

jammoody, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  3. jammoody

jammoody Peon

Best Answers:
    All very good having accurate numbers like 45 386 etc but with such a general keyword such as "Girls" these results are irrelevant as the variations in what people are looking for under that keyword will be so high.

Make your keywords more specific to your website.

jammoody, Aug 12, 2009 IP