1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Value of backlinks - as PR rises - is traffic a factor of PR site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by superjacent, May 1, 2009.

When placing links (anchor text) on websites I understand that the higher the PR is of the website, where the link is placed, that Google will add weight to that fact when calculating the algorithm for the 'anchor text' search. Thus, assisting in rating your site higher up the search result list. I understand there are other factors involved but all things being equal, is this correct.

If so, is the primary reason to place links all over the place merely to, attempt to, list your site higher up the Google search results for the given 'anchor text'?

Is it correct, then it does not matter what traffic the site has (where the backlink is placed) as long as the PR is higher, the better?

superjacent, May 1, 2009 IP
  2. AlbertMARKET

AlbertMARKET Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is an indication as to how many quality sites linked back to you and generally it is a way to weigh how much your site is worth. I believe any link back in general can help increase your SERPs even though it may be nofollow. I think Google is looking for as many backlinks as possible from good authority names and whenever you can add a keyword in an anchor text, the better for you.

AlbertMARKET, May 1, 2009 IP
  3. Burano

Burano Peon

Best Answers:
    The more relevant the page with the links though, the better - even if the pr is lower. If it has some pr and is highly relevant - google will give extra weight to that.

Burano, May 1, 2009 IP
  4. Ed Jones

Ed Jones Peon

Best Answers:
    I was looking for this dude but I want some more info.

Ed Jones, May 1, 2009 IP
  5. superjacent

superjacent Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, you've got me with this one. I'm confused....

superjacent, May 2, 2009 IP
  6. theangelcloset

theangelcloset Peon

Best Answers:

Double Confuse....:confused:

Back to the topic...

More Backlinks = More Traffic [YES]

High PR = More Traffic [Not Really]

theangelcloset, May 2, 2009 IP
  7. superjacent

superjacent Peon

Best Answers:
    So the PR site itself doesn't have to have high volumes of traffic, though that would be nice for potential direct traffic from the PR site, it's only the PR rating of that site that is used by Google, along with relevancy.

superjacent, May 2, 2009 IP