1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Value of a PR8 domain?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by Nawaralsaadi, Nov 11, 2005.

Hello guys,

Your advice would be much welcome, I have recently came over an opportunity to purchase a a travel related PR8 domain, I have done some research on the domain and I found out that it has been online since 1996 and the site on it has been in business until 2003, the site has over 3300 backlinks (according to google links search), however the site has no Alexa rating and does not seem to have any significant traffic.

Does anyone have an idea of the value of such a domain?, or at least a value range?

Many thanks in advance,
    Nawar

Nawaralsaadi, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  2. dave487

dave487 Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to see some traffic stats, does this domain sell anything or is the revenue from advertising?

Also see where it appears in the SERP's.

dave487, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  3. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    classifieds, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  4. Nawaralsaadi

Nawaralsaadi Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for the input & the link provided, the site used to sell travel products and it was not advertising based, in regards to the fact that it is a real PR8, all test done with different PR websites like Pagerank.net and others do show a PR8, not to mention that the site is currently Parked with a domain registerer and I do see no forwards or re-directs, however something odd I noticed is that the 3300+ links pointing to it, when opened does not seem to have a link to the site, I have checked a dozen from the 3300 and I couldn't find the actual physical link, does anyone know why this might be the case?.

One thing that might say it is not a fraud or a fake is that the site is going on auction after being expired and not actually being sold by someone.

regards,
    Nawar

5. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Please go to namepros.com and ask for a domain appraisal, they have a lot of smart members who specialize in domains specifically. They can also help determine if it is indeed a legit PR8 or not. ;)

An aged domain can be worth a lot.

Colleen, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  6. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    i wouldnt touch it if its parked. Even if it is a pr8. I have bought some high pr domains that were linked from god and next pr update they lost value.

Shoemoney, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  7. dave487

dave487 Peon

Best Answers:
    Letting a PR8 domain expire is unbelievable! If you can't find any of the backlinks then the PR could soon fall as google won't find them on its next crawl.

dave487, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  8. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    its not expired its parked... huge difference

9. kinkarso

kinkarso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't even touch it, well don't let it expire either. PR8! Big Bux for that.

kinkarso, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  10. Nawaralsaadi

Nawaralsaadi Banned

Best Answers:
    indeed the domain has not expired, (it is being auctioned by the registerer company), before its release date, I don't expect the domain to re-set with google, since will just change ownership while being active.

however, it is just puzzling to see so many back links, and not being able to see the actual link on those pages. however on MSn you can see 20 or so links pointing to it, including one from the yahoo directory.

and it is still not clear, how much such a domain might be worth, I have seen bids in the $500 range..

regards,
    Nawar

11. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    If you look at the search engine cached pages they should have the links on.

dct, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  12. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I feel like you were looking for someone to give you a dollar amount apprasal.

I buy and sell a lot so I will tell you how I would approach it. You are being really vague with the domain and i respect your confidentiality. But I need to then be somewhat vague in a response.
    - pr8 +5000$

-If the domain is a .com .net .org which I am guessing it is if its old. +5000

-Domain run a detailed analytical software on its backlinks. If i see some high weighted backlinks from different ips then this is good... +5000

-domain name is short (less then 10 chars) +5000

- check the waybackmachine to see what content was on there. if it looks good +5000

so im guessing the domain is worth around 20-30k

Good luck ;)

13. Nawaralsaadi

Nawaralsaadi Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your feedback & espically shoemoney, I believe I will take a plunge and make a bid and hope for the best, no risk=no money : )

regards,
    Nawar

14. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If the links are no longer showing, it could have been that the PR came from paid text links which are no longer running. If that is the case, it will lose its PR on the next update. There are various programs that can tell you the PR of the linking page and if the link still exists.

mjewel, Nov 11, 2005 IP